LegacyGT.com

ETS Maxflow Header v2

So my plans for my car has changed. It's no longer going to be my daily within a couple of weeks. Means I can start getting into some big power :rolleyes:. I plan on going rotated with a gtx3576r. In the meantime, I already have the headers I planned on using with that setup which is the ETS Maxflow v2 headers.

I'm going to bolt those on and strap it down on the dyno for a revision of my tune. Curious to see what gains I would get with a stockish size turbo and these big tubes. lose spool, gain spool no clue but I'll be sure to post my results for everyone else if they were looking at these headers since it retains the rumble some while still being equal length.

Interested to hear them. How does it maintain rumble as an ELH? I have Holy headers and they definitely changed the way my car sounds.
"Striving to better, oft we mar what's well." - Bill Shakespeare - car modder

Honestly I have no clue how it retains it but it’s gonna have to wait a bit. The first set I received will not bolt up to my car. Kinda pissed off about that. With the flanges on the ground they are not even close to being level so when I put it up to my car (even tried to adjust it from the slip joints) there is a big gap that a gasket won’t seal. Thinking I should of just went with the tried and true killerb :(

Honestly I have no clue how it retains it but it’s gonna have to wait a bit. The first set I received will not bolt up to my car. Kinda pissed off about that. With the flanges on the ground they are not even close to being level so when I put it up to my car (even tried to adjust it from the slip joints) there is a big gap that a gasket won’t seal. Thinking I should of just went with the tried and true killerb :(

Wow shocked to hear that, ETS makes exceedingly high quality parts, wonder what happened? First batch to be welded up Monday morning after a weekend bender? :(

Not sure. Kinda sucks. It getting here Saturday means I have to wait until Monday to see what I can do about getting another set. It’s cold outside I wanted to freeze my ass off to hear this thing. Not freeze my ass off to find out it doesn’t fit haha. I’ll post some pics for you guys when I get to my computer.

ETS is trying to tell me this is installer fault and these headers are built on an engine so they should always fit. They are telling me to loosen the clamps and have the studs force it down. I tried this already and it ruined a stud and there still was a big gap like there is in the pictures comparing it on the ground.

I had no idea the ETS units came in so many pieces? Can someone enlighten me as to why this is a better way to build headers as opposed to one piece like the killer B? Seems like more opportunities to have fitment issues with all the parts and pieces having to come together perfectly. Kinda seems like more opportunities for joint failure as well. Dunno I’m no header expert...

I had no idea the ETS units came in so many pieces? Can someone enlighten me as to why this is a better way to build headers as opposed to one piece like the killer B? Seems like more opportunities to have fitment issues with all the parts and pieces having to come together perfectly. Kinda seems like more opportunities for joint failure as well. Dunno I’m no header expert...

I don’t believe it’s the “better way”. They do it because of thermal expansion. Guess to make em less likely to crack and adjustable fitment per vehicle. I also see a lot of people complaining about other slip join headers saying they eventually leak and stuff like that.

I went with ets just because I seen a few dynos comparing killerb and ets on bigger turbos. They made the same gains below 33psi. After that the ets started to spool faster and make more power everywhere.

Me personally I was going to see if the gains are good even with a stock location turbo. Gtx3576r is in the future plans tho :cool:

• 2 weeks later...
So we’re they able to determine that the error was their from your pics? Would be interested to what happened when they fabled them

sorry didn't see this post. Not sure if they saw the error from my pictures or not. All they told me was they were giving me a return label, ship it out, and once it starts moving they will send me an other set.

Got the other set and putting it on the ground you can tell a big difference. there was no gap like that. installing it like they said is a little snug. Have to unbolt the clamps and let the studs pull it on. But again there was no fighting it like the last pair. It was tight but not impossible with the clamps loose.

I'm honestly surprised how it sounds. It sounds exactly the same at idle. I'll upload a video once I figure out how. lol

That’s how my new Killer B’s sound at idle too. Haven’t had a chance to wind it up yet as I barely had enough time to get it home from my tuner before the snow/ice storm hit. Assuming I’ll lose my suby burble once I start getting it in the upper revs

Ya. I drove it around a bit untuned yesterday just to hear it. About 3k+ is when it starts to sound completely different. It’s more steady sounding. All in all I like it.

Now since they are “big tube” headers all that is left to do is see what it does to my tune. Won’t be disappointed if it’s slower on this turbo. Just a mod for the things to come. But still curious about these headers on my turbo.

While they sound good and the second set fit pretty good didn’t come without problems.

Had my car at the dyno today to get it dialed in. Idle and low load they were fine, but once those headers saw Decent load they would leak like crazy. They tried clamping it down as tight as possible. Repositioning the clamps and even using another clamp. Only option we didn’t try was welding it.

I’m sorry but $1400+ for a set of headers and I’d have to drop another 150 for uninstall, weld and install at my dyno? I honestly don’t feel like I should after spending that much. Maybe I’m being picky or whatever. The headers themself look solid but I guess really the downfall is those slip fit joins.

While they sound good and the second set fit pretty good didn’t come without problems.

Had my car at the dyno today to get it dialed in. Idle and low load they were fine, but once those headers saw Decent load they would leak like crazy. They tried clamping it down as tight as possible. Repositioning the clamps and even using another clamp. Only option we didn’t try was welding it.

I’m sorry but $1400+ for a set of headers and I’d have to drop another 150 for uninstall, weld and install at my dyno? I honestly don’t feel like I should after spending that much. Maybe I’m being picky or whatever. The headers themself look solid but I guess really the downfall is those slip fit joins.

On the dyno at Six Star?

"Striving to better, oft we mar what's well." - Bill Shakespeare - car modder

Pretty annoying to see you had to deal with that mishap

Pretty annoyed myself since one of the exhaust studs broke inside my head to. None of the studs went in hard. They threaded in by hand with no problem. So I’m assuming the headers just put to much pressure on the stud. Not sure but that’s all I can think of. But you live and you learn. Once I get this returned and refunded going to get a set of killerb.