LegacyGT.com

LGT Owners, what car will you drive next?

Eagerly waiting to see the new Bronco in person so that's on a bucket list to maybe get into.

Same here.

I'm keeping the GT for awhile longer until we buy a house and get settled in Pittsburg (KS). My poor car is not built for the roads here.

I have definitely considered that! Found out about the guys in Colorado quite a few years back. Beautiful cars!

Galant vr4, golf mk4 r32, chevy ss too may all be considered

MK4 R32 is what i was goin to say. the VR6 is such an incredible motor.

Goodluck getting one for 8k :D my friend in HS had one and put a shit ton of miles on it after graduating when he was driving from base in GA up to PA at least once a month.

Even with that sign on bonus, the mechanical repairs ultimately won out before he dumped it :lol:

Always wanted a nice 330 or 335...

I looked at a 2019 WRX, 2017 Audi A6...biggest surprise was the backseat leg room was the same in both cars when the driver seat was in my driving position, and I’m 6’5. Would much rather go with the WRX, even the wife said the Audi interior felt “old” in that previous generation.

Actually test drove the 2021 VW Atlas with the technology package and was pleasantly surprised. The truck ride is smooth and refined, power was kind of lacking for the V6, but that interior was on point and insanely roomy!

Tough decision trying to find something else around 35k or less. Regret selling my 2010 LGT everyday. Damn

• I Donated
The current gen WRX definitely has a big interior. It's the only car I've ever owned where I was able to move the seat above the lowest setting. I hated how unrefined it was, though. Bumpy ride, lots of road noise, hard plastics all through the interior.

Tthe VR6 is such an incredible motor.

I have consistently heard otherwise. In fact, this is the first time I've seen this typed. Far too many times I've read complaints about how sluggish it is and how much money is involved to get any feelable power.

I have consistently heard otherwise. In fact, this is the first time I've seen this typed. Far too many times I've read complaints about how sluggish it is and how much money is involved to get any feelable power.

It's not sluggish when it's not in a Cayenne :lol:

It's also a 30 year old motor, still hanging in today, albeit with updates. It was a serious powerplant for the time (90's). They sound glorious, too. Around 2000, a pal had a VR6'd MKII GTi, which was a blast.

LW's spec. B / YT / IG

The current gen WRX definitely has a big interior. It's the only car I've ever owned where I was able to move the seat above the lowest setting. I hated how unrefined it was, though. Bumpy ride, lots of road noise, hard plastics all through the interior.

I've been wondering about moving to the current gen '15-up WRX from the LGT. How do you find the WRX conpared to the 5th gen?

• I Donated
I've been wondering about moving to the current gen '15-up WRX from the LGT. How do you find the WRX conpared to the 5th gen?

I came from a 4th gen Spec.B to the WRX. I ended up regretting it after a while, mostly due to the lack of refinement on the WRX.

WRX pros:

• Power delivery is slightly faster (although there was a weird throttle response issue with the stock tune on the 2015s... not sure if they fixed it later in the lifecycle)
  • Better fuel economy in basically all conditions
  • Much more space (but this isn't as much of an issue coming from a 5th gen)
  • Lighter weight = better performance (speed and handling)
  • Better interior storage cubbies 'n shit (once again, not as big a deal coming from the 5th gen)
  • Better tech and dash ergonomics, including trip computer and cluster display (but this is true with most newer cars)
  • LED tail lights mean no burnt out bulbs

Cons:

• Really plasticky cheap interior
  • Very harsh ride
  • Very loud in the car due to lack of sound deadening
  • Styling is meh (but so is the 5th gen's :p)
  • Just not as good of an overall package as my Spec.B was.

I'd love to hear more comparisons as well. Love the fifth gen, however I would also love a spec.b one day. Whenever I'm wondering about the three I look at this comparison chart which shows how much larger the living spaces/luggage spaces are for the fifth gen versus the previous legacy and the 2015 wrx. I was intrigued to read that the 15+wrx has more road noise than the previous legacy spec.b. My friend has a 2018 Forester and road noise is very limited in that, so I figured road noise in the 15+ wrx' would be similarly low level.

https://www.cars.com/research/compare/?acodes=USC00SUC011E0,USC50SUC171C0,USB90SUC011D0

My '08 Impreza and current '13 legacy have always been pretty road noise susceptible. Even my coworker's '18 STI felt pretty raw. part of what makes them fun, but some noise dampening is always nice lol Legacy isn't as bad because of the size. my 08 felt like a tin can for sure. drove a '17XT for a year, and that wasn't as bad probably due to height.

Got to ride in the BMW X7 a couple of times with the alecantra interior and double paned acoustic glass with airbag suspension... 80mph on crappy DC highways felt like gliding on a quiet lake. Luxury costs, but delivers :D Now I can't get it out of my head.

Currently driving a 2014 Jeep srt witb the center exhaust. Useless for any kind of work. Absolutely a blast to drive. Having "track" mode in a Jeep seems funny, but it's crazy fun and noisy.

When not driving the Jeep, I'm racking up engine hours on a 2021 Polaris Ranger Northstar Crew 1000. It has tracks for driving on snow. Inspite of continued dealer objections, it'll do 25mph with 6 ppl and a full bed of luggage. I've completed the 6 month breakin service interval in 4 days. With breakin done, I expect to do a 6 month service every week or less for the next 3 months. Averaging 5-7 engine hours/day. Most days, I can barely walk at days end from the beating of the rutted road I'm driving.

Looking forward to getting my "track toy" back on the road again. Its brutal ride will seem like a buick after all this.

Ive already made an offer on the Jeep and been rejected.

What about a trailblazer ss?

Jeep is bit more subtle. And the trailblazer seems a bit quirky.

I just bot an outback project with a twinscroll. Ive an outfront closed deck queued up for it. The Jeep is fun but its not really an off-road toy. The outback seems more the direction I want to go.

I'll keep driving suv. So far, the outback seems like the perfect outrageous project. It's already git a jdm 6mt in it, lift kit and armored bumpers/skid plates.

• I Donated
What about a trailblazer ss?
Why would anyone buy a 15 year old GM as a daily, unless they couldn't afford anything nicer?

Don't get me wrong, if there were a successor that were competitive in the 2021 automotive market, preferably a unibody in the style of the Edge/Explorer ST, I think it would be a home run. But the TBSS feels like a 15-20 year old GM product, and you know, there's a reason for that, and it's not a good thing.

Aside from the nightmare of working on the V8 TrailBlazer/Envoy platform (think spark plugs, broken exhaust manifold studs, etc.) they have to be more reliable than the SRT's but I could be wrong. Both are pretty cool whips in my book and both sound great, especially with some exhaust work. Parts for the GM have to be cheaper and more plentiful. Some boost on anything LS makes for fun at a fair price.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

Edited by whitexc

Sounds like a SAABlazer SS is the answer :lol:

Averaging 5-7 engine hours/day. Most days, I can barely walk at days end from the beating of the rutted road I'm driving.

Looking forward to getting my "track toy" back on the road again. Its brutal ride will seem like a buick after all this.

Be careful of your back! This sort of thing is cumulative, and we're of a certain age...

LW's spec. B / YT / IG