LegacyGT.com

Well I did a thing

So if you seen my last post asking about the hta68. Well I pulled the trigger and got it. I also picked up a set of used id1050x.

Sent the injectors out today to get cleaned up and tested by ID.

The turbo looks pretty good. Clearly was rebuilt like he said. Let’s just hope it was by a quality shop :eek:.

Switching my local tuner. The first guys work on all import. The new guys specialize in subaru. I was told by a few of my buddies I should of been going to these guys to begin with lol.

Let’s see if I can get 330-350 with that big 10cm exhaust housing. I’ll be posting my graph whenever it gets tuned. Aiming for dec 10.

There is a thread buried here somewhere with a dude who had that turbo. I can’t remember his username for the life of me. I want to say he was a cop from somewhere in the southeast. He built the shit out of his car and then just disappeared. Maybe some other old-timer remembers.

I also think that 10cm 68hta was in the big turbo comparo shootout that another user here did a few years ago.

"Striving to better, oft we mar what's well." - Bill Shakespeare - car modder

Ya ID = injector dynamics. It’s $25 per injector you pay shipping both ways.

I wish I could find those threads. Only one I could find was from NASIOC he said a 10cm. Made 387 on an airboy which he says is suppose to be around 340 on a mustang.

The power is one thing but I’m really interested how the torque curve should look like. On a 2.5 even the 8cm falls of at redline. Hoping the 10cm gains extra power and just keeps pulling.

• 2 weeks later...

Welp. Just heard back from the tuner. Car made 305/330. The stock air box limited me quite a bit. (My kstech didn’t come in time sadly) they added one they had in the shop and it picked up to 325/350 without touching the tune. Tuned at 21 psi holds pretty flat until redline but the stock Sti tmic heatsoaking makes the torque curve drop off like it did with my vf48.

So for me looks like I’m looking at a small retune in the near future.

I’ll add the graph later when I pick it up.

heres the chart. green is the vf48 on 18psi. black is my hta68 10cm on 21psi and blue is the same thing but with an intake.

You can see around 5500 rpms the turbo stops making power from the temps compared to the vf48 making power until redline.

tuner thinks id be around 350/370 with the tmic and intake but more importantly the torque should hold a lot better after the tmic.

62914941184__DB7389C8-6735-464D-9A15-8B5CC12B84AD.thumb.JPG.0ee9484557c33ff8aba3b6e38b11e028.JPG

So got a 08+ Sti Process west tmic on. Found it cheap local. Only problem is it was hitting my clutch reservoir so I had to change it to a wrx/Sti one. Got my kstech cai installed. And scheduled them to revise my tune on Thursday.

The pw tmic is really good quality. And very low psi drop. My tune would hit 19.5 in 3rd gear with the new tmic I’m hitting 21psi in 3rd and overboosting to 22psi in 4th.

Just got word it’s making 335/350. But before after one pull the car would start pulling power because of heatsoaking the pw tmic fixed that up.

Little dissappointed I didn’t hit the 350 but I think this should be plenty of power and fun for now. Flex fuel will be sometime in the future and who knows maybe I’ll trade the boxer rumble to hit the 350hp mark.... probably not haha