LegacyGT.com

Factory Head Unit Issue - MP3's stop mid way

Hey All,

Odd thing starting happening to my factory head unit.

2016 legacy premium with the standard head unit.

I never listen to the radio, only mp3's on a usb key.

Lately, some of the songs (no rhyme or reason which songs do it) stop mid way and the head unit will go to the next song.

We tested the exact usb key with the same songs on my friends 2011 Impreza with factory head unit and those same songs play all the way through without issue?

Any thoughts?

My reverse camera sometimes blinks on and off while in reverse, not sure if that also points to a bigger problem in conjunction with the usb mp3 issue.

Thanks

Edited by kero

Hey All,

Odd thing starting happening to my factory head unit.

2016 legacy premium with the standard head unit.

I never listen to the radio, only mp3's on a usb key.

Lately, some of the songs (no rhyme or reason which songs do it) stop mid way and the head unit will go to the next song.

We tested the exact usb key with the same songs on my friends 2011 Impreza with factory head unit and those same songs play all the way through without issue?

Any thoughts?

My reverse camera sometimes blinks on and off while in reverse, not sure if that also points to a bigger problem in conjunction with the usb mp3 issue.

Thanks

Might need to get head unit updated.

In your shoes I'd try another flash drive just to triple check that it's not an issue with that particular drive. I know you tested it in another car and it worked fine, but I'd still be curious to try it.