LegacyGT.com

LGT Owners, what car will you drive next?

I'm all over the place for what to buy next. I think I said that somewhere else in this thread. There doesn't seem to be anything that is truly calling to me like when I got my LGT in 2011. I could keep driving it, but it has been un-drivable/in the shop for close to 3 weeks total over the last month. I just wonder what is next. That experience has got me researching and now there is an itch for something new that is hard to scratch.

I'm all over the place for what to buy next. I think I said that somewhere else in this thread. There doesn't seem to be anything that is truly calling to me like when I got my LGT in 2011. I could keep driving it, but it has been un-drivable/in the shop for close to 3 weeks total over the last month. I just wonder what is next. That experience has got me researching and now there is an itch for something new that is hard to scratch.

Yah I know what you mean. Ram has recently been getting my attention, especially with their TRX. I just bought my '13 Acura RDX recently and plan on driving it for a long time. It's a very fun car thus far.

Anyone have experience with the Explorer ST? That's something else I've recently been looking at but haven't test driven yet. Never been a Ford guy, grew up in a GM and Honda family. These new EcoBoost engines have impressive specs though. I figure I'd be able to tow whatever I need to tow with it, and have 400hp on tap for fun the rest of the time.

My friend has an Explorer ST. It’s really nice and damn quick. Same 10spd as the trucks

Edited by Code
"Striving to better, oft we mar what's well." - Bill Shakespeare - car modder

For something you are expecting to be in for a long time, I would stay away from Ford. Personally, I would look at Toyota or Nissan for trucks with good resale and reliability. Even a Honda Ridgeline has decent capability and a good reputation.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

As a means to keep miles off the GT, I picked up a 2010 Ford Flex (not an EcoBoost). Flexes are EVERYWHERE in my new hometown of the Detroit area, so they're very easy to find for cheap.

Went with a flex for it's AWD, massive cargo space and decent towing capability. It'll primarily be used as a beater so that's all I really cared about.

The GT was sold last month and has been replaced with a 2003 BMW 330i 6MT ZHP Slicktop with 144k miles. Picked it up last February for $3300. The water pump was making a horrid grinding noise and it ran like shit due to a split post MAF intake boot. Once those were replaced it purred like a kitty. I've got about $1500 into some cosmetic reconditioning and a full cooling system refresh. She's totally stock, a true gem and a pure drivers car.c280b0643d31def587bef2de2c7d8edc.jpgb1fd844282856e67d3af492f7085efab.jpg88074c1675f8464a0281de4e9e16d07e.jpg47adb57c081ba6d514517abe8832c812.jpg

Funny you say the Flex. Buddy's wife wrecked hers, he bought another...4 months later totaled that, and bought another :lol:

Fwiw I eyeballed one, just can't get into the infotainment layout. Lack luster imo

The head unit (especially pre-facelift) is very bad. I don't want to spend any money on this thing but that might be the one thing I upgrade to make it more livable.

The head unit (especially pre-facelift) is very bad. I don't want to spend any money on this thing but that might be the one thing I upgrade to make it more livable.

I upgraded my 2011 with nav to an android auto/apple car play headunit. Its 1000X better and so worth the cost.

• 4 weeks later...
So if I am reading that right, instead of finishing your current wagon projects, your going to start new project :lol::lol:

yeah, wagon is frustrating . It needs work I can't do. In 2021, going to haul it to a welding shop to fix some stuff.

Learning how to do everything else on the sedan so I don't break stuff on the wagon. Have alot of interior bits to replace, unless madrig has a complete set of cf

Sold the lgt. I'm all ears everyone. Next platform will probably be old school 70s ford truck or 03-04 terminator, maybe an s2000.

sad to see ya go, hope whoever bought it enjoys it

and sounds like you want all things at once. may i suggest a converted pontiac g8 to a ute?

https://lefthandutes.com/

I'm having a little trouble picturing you without a Subaru :rolleyes:

Stay safe and stay in touch around here.

Oh I will, mob a rio red 03 gt wagon for a daily. Might do a few miscellaneous things to it. 11 Subarus so far, another won't hurt down the road.

Eagerly waiting to see the new Bronco in person so that's on a bucket list to maybe get into.

Sold the lgt. I'm all ears everyone. Next platform will probably be old school 70s ford truck or 03-04 terminator, maybe an s2000.

I have definitely considered that! Found out about the guys in Colorado quite a few years back. Beautiful cars!

Galant vr4, golf mk4 r32, chevy ss too may all be considered

Sad to see you go. I am not a truck guy, but you probably can't go wrong with any of those choices.

• I Donated
I have definitely considered that! Found out about the guys in Colorado quite a few years back. Beautiful cars!

Galant vr4, golf mk4 r32, chevy ss too may all be considered

SSes have gone up in price like crazy this year. Used cars in general are ridiculous right now due to COVID, but unless you want a 2014 (which doesn't have MagRide or a manual option), or are okay with super high miles or salvage title, you're probably looking at $35k+ right off the bat. Want a manual? Add another $5k. Want low miles? Add probably another $5k at least for under 10,000 miles, less for slightly higher.

I bought my 2016 manual slicktop with 24k for just under $37k around 18 months ago. Now, the same car with the same options and miles would be probably $3-5k more, and maybe even more than that. It's ridiculous. (Of course, mine also now has 37k on it, so it would be worth less -- but I could probably still get what I paid for it.)

Used cars in general are ridiculous right now due to COVID

That's for sure lol. When I sold my Legacy earlier this year and was looking for a used car, I had a car dealer say that "prices aren't negotiable due to Covid". That was an experience to say the least.

Another cool factor car would be a Nissan pulsar gtiR

Please get this. I ship this!

On a separate note, I just picked up an LS1 out of a 99' Vette for the RX-7. It came with a few extra goodies too. Tomorrow we'll find out if she has an aftermarket cam in her.

IMG_3535-min.thumb.JPG.a1580bdf31fb6cb5c5b5161f03e2f59a.JPG

IMG_3536-min.thumb.JPG.f3df8c3851aaf0c515e4ab8a7c4f35ae.JPG

IMG_3538-min.thumb.JPG.51dfbbb4557162c20a2fa6cad77725a8.JPG

IMG_3539-min.thumb.JPG.b94052e0fe05d50a60e79479d851dd77.JPG

Edited by Febreze Mee

MILKRUN  - Click Here