LegacyGT.com

What did you do to your 5th gen today?? -V4

I finally had my recalls done today. It was the air bag, parking brake actuator and windshield wiper cover.

It was an interesting not contact exchange... pulled up to the door, someone took my information from a distance and I left my keys on the seat. I had to pop the hood and tell them of some "custom" tricks to a couple thing with my car.

When I picked up the car they left the keys on the seat along with the paperwork. No payment so that part was easy.

They treated the car ok, there was some dirt streaks on my passenger seat, no big deal because everything else looked fine. Although, If I was working on the car I would clean up after myself, but that's just another reason I haven't had/let anyone else touch my cars in 20 years.

I have tried at work to get the dealer to give me the parts for warranty work to install myself, I offered to sign a waiver through my business, but no go. The one I asked for was a faulty window control switch on 6 of my vans. Oh well, worth a try.

Friday, I drop the ole girl off for some window tint on Friday. I'm leaning towards keeping it legal, which is 50% front and 35% rear in Wisconsin. I wanted 35% all around, but don't know if I feel like getting messed with by the police or having insurance deny a claim because I have illegal window tint...?

Friday, I drop the ole girl off for some window tint on Friday. I'm leaning towards keeping it legal, which is 50% front and 35% rear in Wisconsin. I wanted 35% all around, but don't know if I feel like getting messed with by the police or having insurance deny a claim because I have illegal window tint...?

I would go legal with the window tint. Not worth the hassle of it being illegal...

Got a bit of tuning with Ed at XRT....he's a wizard.

These are stock numbers....I'll be getting some upgrades in the next few weeks...more to come.2dfbb0b75fc1854615696bbe13ead085.jpg

Sent from my Mi 9T Pro using Tapatalk

You got that right! I just saw him post yours. I’m Dave in the feed - he just did mine about 2 weeks ago. Enjoy the process. He ended up with mine right at 300hp and 360 ft lbs of torque on my requested 18psi max. Blew away the Cobb stage 2 ots tune by 40 hp and 65 ftlb of torque. Note he’s using a virtual dyno, so the numbers themselves are not necessarily what you would see on a real world dyno.. It’s the difference you are looking for. Same road, same test comparison.

My Car is a ball to drive, and at that boost is safe for the long haul. Now for the suspension lol......

Be patient and listen to his suggestions. He knows his stuff and can help you get the most out of your car.

Edited by poconoracing

You got that right! I just saw him post yours. I’m Dave in the feed - he just did mine about 2 weeks ago. Enjoy the process. He ended up with mine right at 300hp and 360 ft lbs of torque on my requested 18psi max. Blew away the Cobb stage 2 ots tune by 40 hp and 65 ftlb of torque. Note he’s using a virtual dyno, so the numbers themselves are not necessarily what you would see on a real world dyno.. It’s the difference you are looking for. Same road, same test comparison.

My Car is a ball to drive, and at that boost is safe for the long haul. Now for the suspension lol......

Be patient and listen to his suggestions. He knows his stuff and can help you get the most out of your car.

I have never enjoyed driving my car as much as right now since I bought it....even when he brought it up to the correct baseline I was shocked. My car been running like shit for years.

Ed knows his stuff. I'll definitely take any advice he gives me.

Sent from my Mi 9T Pro using Tapatalk

Hello everyone! I recently picked up a '11 GT, after owning a '05 GT that bit the dust a couple years ago.

Anywho, picked up those rear diff inserts from Prothane (16-1610-BL), I'm pretty pleased with the quality for the price. Went to install them and got all except 1 of the 2 that attach to the diff itself. When I started taking the bolt off it started backing up the stud threaded into the diff. Anyone have a solution?

It kinda sucks to have all but 1 insert completed :(

Same thing happened to me. I just pulled it out that way, and put a dab of Loctite on the threads of the stud when I reinstalled it. Ideally, you'd take the nut off of the stud, wind the stud in finger-tight, then retorque the nut, but you kinda have to have 2 more of the correct size nut to get the locknut off of the stud, and I didn't.

If anyone needs a discount on RockAuto.com this code is good through

June 14,2020 for being a rock auto customer for 6 years lol. Should be longer but lost my old email address. Cheers!

Follow me on IG @chefodiycarguy

and @chefo.soriano

Same thing happened to me. I just pulled it out that way, and put a dab of Loctite on the threads of the stud when I reinstalled it. Ideally, you'd take the nut off of the stud, wind the stud in finger-tight, then retorque the nut, but you kinda have to have 2 more of the correct size nut to get the locknut off of the stud, and I didn't.

I thought about that but the spare tire well in the trunk comes real close to those two mounts for the rear diff. Was there enough wiggle room to back the whole stud out? It looks like the stud is long enough it'd be running into that before I could pull it out.

To torque it back in I'll just steal a nut from the other stud and put it back after; we'll see when I get another wack at it.

Now that you mention it, that does sound familiar. I don't think I was able to get it out with the socket still on the nut, and I probably had to wiggle the diff a little to get the stuff to clear the spare tire well. It's been a few years, so I don't really remember some of the finer points, but I definitely ended up with the stud in my hand and the nut still on it, that much I know for sure.

Finished installing the Cusco rear side member braces after buying a steel dowell to keep the LCA aligned for the new bolt. After that worked, was able to tighten the brace against the frame to keep it in place, which eased the trial and error to get the second bolt into the squirrelly nut bracket. While I was messing with the LCAs I replaced the stock end links with the beefier Kartboys. Next up is front end links and shifter stop and bushing.

Finished installing the Cusco rear side member braces after buying a steel dowell to keep the LCA aligned for the new bolt. After that worked, was able to tighten the brace against the frame to keep it in place, which eased the trial and error to get the second bolt into the squirrelly nut bracket. While I was messing with the LCAs I replaced the stock end links with the beefier Kartboys. Next up is front end links and shifter stop and bushing.

This is good to know. I’ll be installing my Cusco braces next weekend along with the Eibach/Koni suspension.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Invidia Q300 removed

Invidia N1 installed

I fixed your links. Also, you must stop....there is a full new N1 exhaust in KC on Facebook Marketplace that I have been eyeing. :lol: Enjoy.

IMG-20200515-150446.jpg

IMG-20200515-163939.jpg

IMG-20200515-164043.jpg

IMG-20200515-164033.jpg

IMG-20200515-181407.jpg

IMG-20200515-181353.jpg

Thanks. Since tinypics shut down and photobucket isnt free, I Haven found a host to post pics directly to forums.

And sorry about the post, but the N1 is much better than the Q300 for me.

Thanks. Since tinypics shut down and photobucket isnt free, I Haven found a host to post pics directly to forums.

And sorry about the post, but the N1 is much better than the Q300 for me.

Use imgur.com. Don't need an account to upload, can BB code link each image easily to the forums.

It looks like you might have Invidia DP as well.

What is the sound difference between the Q300 and N1?

At idle they sound about the same.

But as you accelerate and add more gas, the N1 muffler sound is louder and sportier than the Q300. I dont notice the Q300 while cruising around at all, but the N1 is audible all the time when driving.

If you have kids or use your car where you worry about your passengers or for work, stick with the Q300. The N1 catback isnt obnoxious, but sportier and the mufflers are maybe <5lbs lighter each too.

At idle they sound about the same.

But as you accelerate and add more gas, the N1 muffler sound is louder and sportier than the Q300. I dont notice the Q300 while cruising around at all, but the N1 is audible all the time when driving.

If you have kids or use your car where you worry about your passengers or for work, stick with the Q300. The N1 catback isnt obnoxious, but sportier and the mufflers are maybe <5lbs lighter each too.

I have Q300, I was just curious. I like the Q300, but for my own preference I found it a touch too loud on the highway. I am sure the N1 is not what I am looking for :lol:

I have Q300, I was just curious. I like the Q300, but for my own preference I found it a touch too loud on the highway. I am sure the N1 is not what I am looking for :lol:

Iguess it all depends on what youre used to on sound. I dont even notice the Q300 on the freeway. I haven't taken the N1 on the freeway yet though. But I am on my 4th Subaru with various exhausts from catless downpipes to Kakimoto To catbacks on a sti to a catless downpipes to stroking dual exhausts on an 05' LGT.

I have the q300 sitting in my garage, not sure when I'll get around to putting it on. I love the uniqueness of my Perrin's and get quite a few compliments, I know the q300 will look better in the bumper outlets though.