LegacyGT.com

'08 Legacy???

sungsg4

I have no idea what subaru was thinking... that has to be one of the strangest looking cars I have seen in a while... And considering the Scrambler, and the B11S, that is saying something.

http://automobilemag.com/auto_shows/tokyo/0510_tokyo_subaru_b5_tph_01_445.jpghttp://automobilemag.com/auto_shows/tokyo/0510_tokyo_subaru_b5_tph_02_445.jpg

The b-pillar detail is VERY weird. The front end is ugly, in a BAD way. (good call about the band-aid look... :lol: ) The door edge cutting into the ground effects is a poor attempt at visual flair. (all 15 pieces of it are here, but I am not enthused about it...)

The concept of the rear half of the roof, rear quarter windows being part of the hatchback, and the tail lights being inside the glass is a very interesting concept, but the execution is strange. I do like the rake angle of the rear glass, though. better than a bread-box hot-hatch like the GTI. Done in a slightly more normal way, it could be nice.

The exhaust would be interesting, and just fine if it were horizontal. the diagonal is just too much. The wheels, and the whole aesthetic, including the cream beige paint and amorphous-shaped anodized blue accents is just unsettling.

The sides of the bodywork (aside from the door dip thing) are thankfully plain and simple. The front and back are not so lucky, and both are oddly formed, and not what I would consider attractive in the least.

The drivetrain is interesting, even though I am not sold on hybrids... but I'd not buy a car that had those visual attributes. I sincerely hope the Legacy NOR the impreza take large cues from this concept.

If this is where the design language is going (even considering that the B5 is not headed for production...), it is headed further off the deep end than the Tribeca, not the other direction.

damn man -- your work blocks everything, but not this site???

and yeah, websense sucks.

well websense blocks everything, but im not complaining that this site works, who kow for how long tho..thanks for the pic...its greatly appreciated,

but the car is really ugly...eeewwww

Current:MY05 SWP wagon - 253/290 :rolleyes: UP, AEM CAI, Invidia Q300, tuned@yimisport

OLD: MY06 GRP - 274/314 :cool:

I'm going to confide in you guys: I'm scared of the 07 leggy. I am very afraid they will rip the face off the tribeca and stick it on (and clear our tails, maybe) the way they did with the impreza for 06.

As far as the next full-out redesign .. I certainly hope it looks more like the B11s than the B5 TPH. Ok, let's be honest, I don't really want it to look like either. This new "born from jets" grille has gotta go.

[yes I know that's the saab tag. Ah, internet sarcasm.]

The generator also acts as an engine-assist to boost fuel economy. The combined output is 256 hp and 253 lb-ft of torque.

ugly, but nice numbers!!

and that's with incorrect data. it actually makes 363 lbs/ft torque

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I think it is more likely that 2008 will see design changes than 07... but anything is possible.

I don't think the Tribeca has done as well as Subaru would have liked, and most of it is attributed to appearance, and the more general downturn in the SUV market.

The WRX hasn't been as bad, but isn't universally loved, either, and most of the aftermarket, at least in japan has been quick to remove the three-grille look.

I am not sure they are as eager to uglify their bread and butter Leg/OB. That might polarize their existing small marketshare too much. I hope they aren't going to be that reckless with the legacy that sells well abroad, and the Outback that is a big US seller for FHI.

They need new designers, or at least a new, more classic looking design language, even if they continue with more compound and organic curves, rather than hard lines, as they have had in the past, and even currently with the Legacy/Outback.

I think it is more likely that 2008 will see design changes than 07... but anything is possible.

I don't think the Tribeca has done as well as Subaru would have liked, and most of it is attributed to appearance, and the more general downturn in the SUV market.

The WRX hasn't been as bad, but isn't universally loved, either, and most of the aftermarket, at least in japan has been quick to remove the three-grille look.

I am not sure they are as eager to uglify their bread and butter Leg/OB. That might polarize their existing small marketshare too much. I hope they aren't going to be that reckless with the legacy that sells well abroad, and the Outback that is a big US seller for FHI.

They need new designers, or at least a new, more classic looking design language, even if they continue with more compound and organic curves, rather than hard lines, as they have had in the past, and even currently with the Legacy/Outback.

according to numbers on nasioc... impreza numbers have gone through the roof since the redesign

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

No car is gonna look like that for real ever
"Barack Obama, mothaf#%@a! Barack Obama! I'm the president...of hittin' the ass!" -this is not a political view it's merely a quote from a hilarious tv show.

BOO ugly car, BOO electric engine assist.. if I wanted a hybrid I'd buy an EZgo! I want performance!

and btw the power figures aren't that great when you calc. the added weight of all those batteries. I have a sinking feeling the age of decent performance is going to die again like it did in the 70s :(

"The penalty good men pay for indifference to public affairs is to be ruled by evil men." - Plato

Archived