LegacyGT.com

STI trans fitted into 5th Gen LGT

Just about to complete the installation of an STI 6 speed into my 2010 LGT mt. Had custom engine mounts created to handle the conversion to the STI 6 speed. No custom parts other than the mounts. The rest of the parts came from different yr and model Subaru's. Checking to see how much interest would be there if I offered these mounts for sale.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would be keen, got the Australian version of the car which came with the 5eat. The 5eat would likely need a replacement soonish so why not go with something better at the same time.

I have the 5EAT too, I actually wanted it that way for semi-daily use. But since the LGT is slowly being pushed out of the rotation after an overzealous suspension drop, I'm considering going manual if the 5EAT dies.

Fahr_side did opine that since the 5EAT looks to be tied in with the entire car pretty deeply, a manual swap will probably need stand alone management though?

Just about to complete the installation of an STI 6 speed into my 2010 LGT mt. Had custom engine mounts created to handle the conversion to the STI 6 speed. No custom parts other than the mounts. The rest of the parts came from different yr and model Subaru's. Checking to see how much interest would be there if I offered these mounts for sale.

That's awesome! what did you use for the axles?

manual swap will probably need stand alone management though?

I wouldn't be against going standalone if I had to.

Currently my car runs a modified rom from a 2011 manual WRX sti. I feel like that might help in this situation. Would be nice to know more, but also don't mind messing around with it.

I wouldn't be against going standalone if I had to.

Currently my car runs a modified rom from a 2011 manual WRX sti. I feel like that might help in this situation. Would be nice to know more, but also don't mind messing around with it.

Please do share the related mods if you do end up going 5EAT to manual. I do hope its doable!

Waiting for the completed job from my shop. They specialize in Subaru and other turbo cars. They figured out all the details for the swap. Waiting for the car to be finished and they will be giving me a list of the years and components that they used for the swap. At this point I have the following details: 2010 Lgt mt, 2015 Sti mt. R160 from an automatic subie (yr?). I will share all the details when I get them.

Here are the parts used. Other than the custom motor mounts everything else was stock. 2015 STI 6 spd, 2010 LGT N/A automatic drive shaft and rear end, 2012 STI shifter section with STI shifter plate custom fit, clutch is for the 15 STI trans and has the correct slave and clutch line. Looking into offering the custom motor mounts. Will post soon with the price.

Just got this from the shop:

Clutch: Comp Cluitch 04-11 Subaru STI 2.5L T Stage 3-15030-2250

Flywheel: Comp Clutch 04-11 Subaru STI 15 lb Steel Flywheel-2-721-ST

Bushing Kit: Torque solution Complete shifter Bushing Combo Kit 06-14 Subaru STI tqs TS-SU-708

Shifter Surround: Unknown yr but bel=eve to be from 07 jdm forester sti

Clutch Fork Pivot: it is a factory part, it's what goes in the 15 STI trans.

If you wouldn't mind asking: Is the propeller shaft (drive shaft) out of a 5 speed automatic or a CVT automatic? They carry two different part numbers and don't appear to interchange.

As for the diff, I don't think the 5eat or cvt model are any different, in fact you could probably just order the ring and pinion and install them in your own diff if you are so inclined. Or into any legacy/outback diff you can find in the junkyard.

Are you sure the rear end wasn't from a 2010 2.5i CVT Outback? The Legacy has a 3.70:1 ratio, the Outback has a 3.90:1 ratio which matches the rear gear ratio of a 2015 STI.
This is exactly why I was asking for clarification. What model 5th Gen Legacy did the drive shaft and diff come from? There is no such thing as a 2010 LGT N/A auto?