LegacyGT.com

What did you do to your 5th gen today?? -V4

Sup guys. I've been plugging at these power fold side mirrors. For a little while. Restored mirror tilt functions and have the side markers working!

Final thing for me to figure out is the fold.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I found this!

ShEPaKz.jpg

uCrt1xn.jpg

(Cyl #3)

r49swG2.jpg

Is the cylinder oily from a stuck piston oil ring? Or is that oil on the head from disassembly.

I should be the stage you are at this weekend with my Red GT. Did you leave the manifold & turbo in the car?

I think youre talking about the large amount of carbon build up? its not oil, well some might be, but that cylinder has been trying to compress fuel with no compression for a while. that misfire didn't start yesterday im sure

Ah yeah, it had good compression as of a few weeks ago, but yeah there was definitely crack in the valve and that cyl was eating a lot of oil for the past few thousand miles.

Without compression, it had maybe 10 miles on it.

72b69f2b8c71d1d57b663e4020660e4d.jpg

Completely off topic, but can you post a pic of your grill with the hood closed. Normally I don't care for the mesh in the factory grill, but they are usually painted to match the car and have no emblem. Yours might sway me.

Completely off topic, but can you post a pic of your grill with the hood closed. Normally I don't care for the mesh in the factory grill, but they are usually painted to match the car and have no emblem. Yours might sway me.
Here it is, this is a diy grille. de2cdf45261e8f5b5737aa1e94b058db.jpg

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

I changed my oils yesterday, motul 300ls and 300 gear oil, motul 5w40 engine oil. Found a surprise in the rear end.c3f287c2acd526bbba065793f6e17193.jpg

YIKES! you feeling anything funny? this has me wanting to short my my diff fluid change interval just to check mine.

Here it is, this is a diy grille. de2cdf45261e8f5b5737aa1e94b058db.jpg

Thank you very much. Gives me food for thought. May have to find a used grill to try it on. Looks much better chrome than body color. Less of the puckered lip look.

YIKES! you feeling anything funny? this has me wanting to short my my diff fluid change interval just to check mine.

Honestly I haven't noticed anything in driving, but I do feel some driveline slop that shouldn't be there with a solid trans mount, poly bushing throughout the rear end. I do believe it is from the spider gears not the ring or pinion. I am going to look into an R180 and a limited slip.

Honestly I haven't noticed anything in driving, but I do feel some driveline slop that shouldn't be there with a solid trans mount, poly bushing throughout the rear end. I do believe it is from the spider gears not the ring or pinion. I am going to look into an R180 and a limited slip.
Why were you using the limited slip formulation in your diff? I use Gear300 in everything and it sounds like you were using 300LS. Am I right?

Why were you using the limited slip formulation in your diff? I use Gear300 in everything and it sounds like you were using 300LS. Am I right?

That is what the shop I grabbed it from recommended, 3 quarts of LS in the trans and 1 of 90 PA and 90PA for the rear diff.

https://www.subieautoparts.com/product/1998-2014-subaru-impreza-wrx-lgt-motul-300-ls-75w90-5-speed-transmission-90-pa-rear-differential-gear-oil-kit/

Edited by FLlegacy

Please let us know all about it if you go to the R180. that is among my ultimate goals for the car.

Please let us know all about it if you go to the R180. that is among my ultimate goals for the car.
Will do. Can anyone verify the diff ratio on our cars, I dont have my laptop so I cant just check my fsm. I have found 3.70, 4.11, and 3.90 through various searches, also found through a parts search all 3 models 2.5i, 2.5gt, and 3.6r use the same diff carrier or case the wording was terrible.

dcd0be73212fd7b5ad35a827b1c0635b.jpg

Edited by FLlegacy

cars101 suggests that the GT and the 6MT 2.5i are both 4.111. Nothing about a 3.70 that I've seen yet, but it looks like the CVT 2.5i Outback (and the STI, not that I'm enabling) is 3.900.
Would you look at that, 2015 legacy 3.6 has a 4.11 as well, I wonder if it's the r160 or r180.9ee89ac1730db6d4551d63abdae04589.jpg