LegacyGT.com

Do I Need This Underbody Panel?

I finally found the source of my 2nd gear rattling... do I need to replace this panel that is under the engine/turbo or can I just run without it?

292c5dfd79d7389811d96af15348249e.jpg

It looks like it’s missing the clips where the bolts should thread, I’m missing at least one bolt and the heat shield is all torn up...

Do I really need this?

I would, since it keeps road gunk from the turbo and the plastic charge pipe.

EDIT: No need for a new one, just get the clips and stuff and put it back on, IMO. Maybe replace the insulation, mine's all torn up like yours but I put it back as is for now lol.

Edited by Scubaboo

I would, since it keeps road gunk from the turbo and the plastic charge pipe.

EDIT: No need for a new one, just get the clips and stuff and put it back on, IMO. Maybe replace the insulation, mine's all torn up like yours but I put it back as is for now lol.

You definitely don't want a rock or something to pierce something important. Personally I would try to get it back on as it's better than paying for repairs at a shop :eek:

Ive been without that cover for a few years now, since the turbo has it's own skid plate I wasn't too worried about anything that plastic would actually protect the underside from. If your roads are bad I would consider a primitive skid plate.

Funny you mention needing the cover. I need one now after driving over a block of wood on the highway on the way home from work.

08a86d7575f6885a2fe5ed0067d39cef.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well that is quite the story lol. Good thing it took the hit :rolleyes: