LegacyGT.com

Never expected to ever see our LGT again

About six months ago I posted this in the Parking Brake Recall thread . . .

One less these days (engine seized). Wonder if they'll still send the notifications to me.

Norm

Since the repair cost was looking up toward double what the car was worth, we got into a 2019 WRX, purchased from the same dealership.

Imagine my surprise a couple of days ago when I went to the dealership to exchange a couple of oil filters for the WRX (they'd originally pulled the tall blue EJ-style filter when the FA takes the short fat black one even though the invoice identified the correct part number) and I discovered our old LGT sitting in the lot with a fresh set of plates on it, change in the console, and a car seat in the back.

What makes me so sure that it used to be ours is that it was the same color and was missing the same two stick-on badges on the driver side of the trunk lid, and only those two. Wish I'd thought to snap a picture of the VIN, though. Next time . . .

But I don't feel all that bad over it. We've at least postponed the possibility of having to consider buying a car that's some sort of automatic.

Side note on the WRX - the FA's twin-scroll turbocharger makes the power delivery less laggy and less abrupt . . . much, much nicer for corner-carving when the response is almost immediate than when you have to guess where you'll be in the curve when the power does kick in. 50 - 75 feet from pedal to power does make a difference.

Norm

Edited by Norm Peterson

A little bit of a punch in the gut, but really things like that happen for a reason!

Also, I do agree, the FA's power delivery is much more refined. You can really tell the advance in tech and that part of it really makes me miss my 15 wrx, although I do not miss the Rev hang

It's a weird feeling when you see your old vehicle for the first time and it's not yours anymore. I had that happen when I sold my pickup truck and took my mother's Legacy. Saw my truck without plates or anything inside, it was a weird feeling. I still miss it, but the money I would've needed to put into it to repair it would've been too much.

Happen to my mother Q45. My older sister was driving it and got T-boned (Q45 did a 360) from a 18 or 19 year old that ran the red light. Sent my sister to the hospital and the Q45 was totaled. Insurance bought it due to being total loss. My mother got a call 8 or 9 month later from the new owner of my mother Q45. Mother business cards were in the vehicle at the time and he said he bought it in Auction and it's all repaired and back on the road. You can see the tears that came out of my mother eyes.

She did loved that vehicle and my mother was willing to buy it back. I stop my mother from buying it back because it was not safe after that she bought a brand new fully loaded MDX (hand down now to my father) and now a Lexus.

Edited by amusa

I am always checking for some of my old cars, but I never have seen any of them driving around. I usually check most red 5th Gen 2.5i for the couple of the subtle mods it had when I sold it, same goes for my I30 and Prizm I had owned previously and were sold locally. I had a GMC Typhoon that owned which I found online FS. It had different color fenders, some rust repair, and some of it was in primer; the only reason I recognized it was the VIN#. I was actually a little surprised it was alive and kicking because it had 167k miles and it was starting to rust when I last owned in 2003.

The one I really keep an eye out for is my old 2004 Mini Cooper S. Saw it pop up on Craigslist a couple years ago on a small dealers lot. I messaged the guy to see how it was doing and he just kept trying to sell it to me.