LegacyGT.com

NEW Nav firmware update 11-21-16 for 15 and 16 Legacy

Dealer performed update from NU9017 to NU9020. Everything appeared to work. Today, noticed that when making a phone call, I can't hear the audio from the phone over the speakers, just a slow clicking sound. All other BT functions work fine, pandora, tune in radio. Tested with a Samsung and Apple phone. Same problem.

Went into settings and noticed HF Voice quality settings. Mine is set to 0000. Is this the same on others? 15, Premium, w/Nav.

Thanks,

• 1 month later...
Still looking for the following files if anyone has them...

OU9016_USB_1st.exe

OU9016_USB_2nd.exe

I have these two files, I am uploading them to nofile.io for you and anyone else who might need them. I have never used this website, first link when googling where to upload files for free, I use an ad-blocker so I have no idea how spammy it is.

If your USB drive is bigger then 4GB use Rufus(https://rufus.akeo.ie/) to format it to FAT32 instead of windows exFAT.

https://nofile.io/f/Wyfp9ta3ZD5/OU9019_USB_1st.exe

https://nofile.io/f/8vZuqTo51tw/OU9019_USB_2nd.exe

I am looking for "NU9017_USB_1ST.EXE" and "NU9017_USB_1ST.EXE", Pm me or reply to this post. Or NU9020 if you have it.

Edited by Trueweltall

I have these two files, I am uploading them to nofile.io for you and anyone else who might need them. I have never used this website, first link when googling where to upload files for free, I use an ad-blocker so I have no idea how spammy it is.

If your USB drive is bigger then 4GB use Rufus(https://rufus.akeo.ie/) to format it to FAT32 instead of windows exFAT.

https://nofile.io/f/Wyfp9ta3ZD5/OU9019_USB_1st.exe

https://nofile.io/f/8vZuqTo51tw/OU9019_USB_2nd.exe

I am looking for "NU9017_USB_1ST.EXE" and "NU9017_USB_1ST.EXE", Pm me or reply to this post. Or NU9020 if you have it.

Trueweltall,

Thanks for your help! I was actually looking for the following files...

OU9016_USB_1st.exe

OU9016_USB_2nd.exe

Unfortunately I don't have the files you're looking for.

Does anyone have the listing of changes made in NU9020? Love the new update.. haven't had any issues.. this is my 2nd or 3rd update I've had the dealer do.

BTW. Does anyone know how to get the MP3 files sort in alphabetical order. Every time I add files on the USB Drive, it just joes the bottom of the list. Everything else is alphabetical.

Wanted to tell my story so that this doesn't happen to anybody else.

I updated my lady's 2015 Legacy with Nav to NU9020 yesterday, and had a scare.

Everything is fine now (The MPG in cluster is at 0, but I think a redo will fix it).

The first USB update failed, so i started over. The second time worked. Then I started the second USB update. It worked the first time, I checked the DB number. I thought I was done for a second but then I remembered to complete the update I needed to do the memory initialization, so I went to do that. I didn't read the instruction that mentions "Hold the Ok button for 5 seconds." So i clicked it once, and nothing happened. I clicked it again and it started the initialization then the screen shut off. "That's odd." I waited about 10 minutes in the 105 degree Cali heat. Then the lit buttons next to the screen shut off. Then 10 minutes later the dash lights went off. Strange... "Did the battey die?" I pressed the overhead light above me on to check. The light seemed very bright so I dismissed that Idea. I thought "Maybe because I didn't hold it for 5 seconds something went wrong?". So I waited another 10 minutess.. Finally I decided to shut the ACC off. When I turned ACC back on, everything came back on VERY slowly. The head unit kept turning on and off. Car wouldn't even try to start. I thought I bricked it. I spent 30 minutes trying to use the first USB to restore everything. I turned the ACC off and on with the USB drive in it flashing thinking maybe it would autodetect failure and restore itself from USB (As a Computer Science major, That seems like a good disaster recovery procedure.) 30 minutes later nothing. So I finally popped the hood and checked the battery and it was at 9.5 volts. :mad: *STUPID*

Please, for the love of god don't end up like me.

USE A CHARGER

I understand I am very VERY lucky that the battery died a few minutes after the updates, and not during.

I wasn't playing music, I didn't have lights on, no fans spinning, NOTHING. I thought for sure the battery wouldn't die. Especially with previous cars I've owned, I've often left interior lights on all night and the cars still started fine. Something about this car sucks battery fast, or my girl's battery is on it's way out. Who knows but please learn from my f***-up.

After jump starting, everything was updated and is working fine.

Thanks again to JDog!

I think it is written as SOP to have a charger on the battery when doing an update.

Wanted to tell my story so that this doesn't happen to anybody else.

I updated my lady's 2015 Legacy with Nav to NU9020 yesterday, and had a scare.

Everything is fine now (The MPG in cluster is at 0, but I think a redo will fix it).

The first USB update failed, so i started over. The second time worked. Then I started the second USB update. It worked the first time, I checked the DB number. I thought I was done for a second but then I remembered to complete the update I needed to do the memory initialization, so I went to do that. I didn't read the instruction that mentions "Hold the Ok button for 5 seconds." So i clicked it once, and nothing happened. I clicked it again and it started the initialization then the screen shut off. "That's odd." I waited about 10 minutes in the 105 degree Cali heat. Then the lit buttons next to the screen shut off. Then 10 minutes later the dash lights went off. Strange... "Did the battey die?" I pressed the overhead light above me on to check. The light seemed very bright so I dismissed that Idea. I thought "Maybe because I didn't hold it for 5 seconds something went wrong?". So I waited another 10 minutess.. Finally I decided to shut the ACC off. When I turned ACC back on, everything came back on VERY slowly. The head unit kept turning on and off. Car wouldn't even try to start. I thought I bricked it. I spent 30 minutes trying to use the first USB to restore everything. I turned the ACC off and on with the USB drive in it flashing thinking maybe it would autodetect failure and restore itself from USB (As a Computer Science major, That seems like a good disaster recovery procedure.) 30 minutes later nothing. So I finally popped the hood and checked the battery and it was at 9.5 volts. :mad: *STUPID*

Please, for the love of god don't end up like me.

USE A CHARGER

I understand I am very VERY lucky that the battery died a few minutes after the updates, and not during.

I wasn't playing music, I didn't have lights on, no fans spinning, NOTHING. I thought for sure the battery wouldn't die. Especially with previous cars I've owned, I've often left interior lights on all night and the cars still started fine. Something about this car sucks battery fast, or my girl's battery is on it's way out. Who knows but please learn from my f***-up.

After jump starting, everything was updated and is working fine.

Thanks again to JDog!

• 2 weeks later...

I had 9312 installed on my 2016 3.6R w/ Nav by the dealer (begrudgingly).

It seems a bit snappier but other than that, couldn't tell you if anything is different.

I will say it did not fix my Sirius issue. I can listen to Sirius stations I've already added to my favorites but the full list of channels is blank, just 000 and 001 appear. I've done many signal refreshes from Sirius to no avail. I was hoping this update would fix it but it did not.

looking for an update for my 2015 2.5L Legacy with 7" display without navigation.

Anyone has latest files for me? Where can I find the fitted files for my HU?

Actually I don't even know which files I need.

From my research I understand I own the EU version.

My Faceplate ID is FB444LM and I found some EU bulletin SB16-006-1r that recommend the OE9009. I can't find it anyway.

• 2 weeks later...