LegacyGT.com

Suspension upgrade

Finished up about an hour ago. It was a learning process. The test drive was nice. It is much flatter and not boaty anymore.

Before:

c5b2461d04d72c4a8bc638776bb7e438.jpg

After:

87b395d3bba5a8de88bbd003a0b0211a.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Finished up about an hour ago. It was a learning process. The test drive was nice. It is much flatter and not boaty anymore.

Before:

c5b2461d04d72c4a8bc638776bb7e438.jpg

After:

87b395d3bba5a8de88bbd003a0b0211a.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wow that looks awesome. It's crazy how much of a difference it makes :eek:

Congrats falcor! It's been a long time coming. Tell me it doesn't feel like a completely different car....go on!

You are not joking. There is no more boatiness and it doesn't rock when shifting anymore. Thank you again for answering the last minute questions I had.

• 2 weeks later...
I think I am at 1 or 1 1/4 turn in the front and 1/2 turn in the rear. Start off with full loose and let them break in. I think I started at 1/2 in the front and 0 in the rear and turn them 1/4 turn at a time. Drive and you will know, it will be easy to get them close pretty quick.

Depends the spring rate of the springs you are running. First you have to leave them on full soft for about 500 to 1000 miles to break them in. For daily duty I run 1 turn front and 1/2 turn rear with my H&R springs which are stiffer than Eibachs. I firm them up an additional 1/2 turn more for track days. With Eibachs I would go with 1/2 turn in the front and leave the rears full soft.

I am probably around 1.75 turns front and 1.5 rear. I am on eibachs and they do firm up quick, I had the Konis turned up more and had to put them back.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

They only go to 2 full turns. You must like driving a 94 F250 4x4. Turn those fockers down and save your lower back.

They only go to 2 full turns. You must like driving a 94 F250 4x4. Turn those fockers down and save your lower back.
It's not bad at all really, the progressive springs are pretty soft until they are pushed hard.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

• 2 months later...

I tried something yesterday. Cranked the front's all the way and the rear cranked all the way and backed off 1/2 a turn. Drove home from work and back to work this morning. Not doing that again. :)

Just put them back to 1/2 turn front and full soft rear. Cranking them all the way should be track only.

It's fun for a bit or for track usage but full hard is pretty rough to live with. I did it for a few weeks this summer just cause I wanted to feel like a hotboi lol.

Lately I had been running 3/4 turn hard on both front and rear, and it just wasn't feel stiff enough or responsive enough, turned it up to 1 1/4 turn F/R and the girlfriend started complaining, so I turned it down to a 1 turn F/R and it's felt pretty good lately.