LegacyGT.com

Rotor recommendation

toolbox1

Let me start off by saying I have a 2008 Legacy 2.5i with 60k.....I'm about to change the brakes for the first time and was looking for a recommendation for rotors....I thinks I'm going to run Hawk HPS's but should I stick with the OEM rotor?

If so what's the oem part #?

You can get the Centric premiums through Tirerack. That's where I buy mine and they are good quality for the price

Do those come with the painted centers like in the pics? Im debating these or the OE blanks on brakeswap.com

"This is an adventure."

Yes the Centric premium rotors have hats that are e-coated along with the cooling vanes. For comparison I should take pics of my DBA 4000's after one winter :(

Fronts are $67 each and rears are $44 each

You might be able to find them even cheaper on Amazon.com

I just ordered the Centric rotors and Hawk pads (all 4 corners) for $341 shipped to my door.....

Rotors:$171

Pads: $162

Shipping: $7.50

Partsgeek.com

Now I need a free morning to put them on!

Ps...I work for UPS so I know all about shipping weights and cost lol

I just ordered the Centric rotors and Hawk pads (all 4 corners) for $341 shipped to my door.....

Rotors:$171

Pads: $162

Shipping: $7.50

Partsgeek.com

Now I need a free morning to put them on!

Ps...I work for UPS so I know all about shipping weights and cost lol

Where did you get that price on the rotors. When I go to the site it cost 211.xx for all 4 rotors?

So I finally got around to swapping my brakes (rotors and pads) this past weekend. Overall it was very easy...one problem I ran into. The bolts which attach the caliper to the brake assembly were torq'd so high. I had a very difficult time loosing them and infact had to tap the wrench loose with a lump hammer.

Overall very happy with them.

Archived