LegacyGT.com

Bay Area CA- JDM B4 HID Headlights

**SOLD**Pair of JDM B4 HID headlights up for grabs. Still packaged as I got them three years ago, embarrassingly had to unwrap to photo. They need a good home. All tabs present, factory black housing, amber bulb turn signal. Adjustments.JPG.21cde5e813d2b79c9d5600bbebd81a2f.JPGFits pre-facelift 05-07 Legacy, no matter wagon or sedan. Been sitting in my closet gathering dust, call the condition 9/10. Paid $450 from a reputable member vendor here, asking $SOLD plus shipping, local takes priority. PM for q’s and a’s

Adjustments.JPG.e46ef850e269ce5be07a94456d85efc0.JPG

Edited by Kojak

I have not owned one long enough to know, are most usdm models HID? What makes these different? Is there an external ballst with them if that's not a standard item in USDM?

All USDM headlights are halogen. JDM headlights have a ballast underneath for the HIDs as well as motors for the leveling which needs to be wired and requires installing another JDM switch in the cabin to use.

JDM headlights also have a separate DRL bulb from the Amber turn signal.

plug and play for the usdm...

is the switch a "must " for leveling to be a DOT compliance for the USDM?

anyone?

You don't need auto leveling headlights for dot compliance. Most cars don't have them but it's nice when you put some weight in the back. Also if you wanna get technical, changing to hid, or any mechanical changes to your engine or exhaust likely violates some federal rule for on road operation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

https://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/jdm-headlight-install-walkthough-249269.html

There are a number of walk through threads posted by members who have swapped theirs. Most questions can be answered in depth in those. Can’t comment as I didn’t attempt it myself. Likely have a leveling switch around somewhere for interested parties, post an additional fs ad when I find it.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...