LegacyGT.com

Koni Yellow Sport Shocks - 2010+ Legacy Fitment

Cool, guys, sounds good to me.

One more question, and hopefully my last...I just now compressed and extended the used Konis that I bought that supposedly had 8,000 miles on them. They were both full soft, but even still, felt easier to extend and compress than I expected. Additionally, and more importantly, one of them seemed to "slip" as I extended it. It would seem to lose resistance for an instant and then resist again. I cannot imagine that this is normal, is it?

Edit: The more I play with it the more it seems to do it. I'm almost certain this insert is bad and I've been had

Sorry if this question was already answered but, I just purchased the inserts from Koni. Now I need to figure out what springs to use. I wanted to use the RCE springs or 2013 OEM springs. What do you guys recommend?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Sorry if this question was already answered but, I just purchased the inserts from Koni. Now I need to figure out what springs to use. I wanted to use the RCE springs or 2013 OEM springs. What do you guys recommend?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Depends on what you want out of the setup. From what I have gathered the RCE springs are the firmest and the OEM 2013 are firmer than 2010 oem but not harsh.

I would also imagine the Eibach springs are right in the middle since they are progressive. I have the Eibach with 1" spacers they ride pretty nicely and don't beat you up even on rough roads.

Koni's site catalog suggests to use the 8610-1447S for the front inserts. Just wondering what the difference is between that and the 8610-1453S inserts? I plan to pair them with 13-14 springs all around.

Koni's site catalog suggests to use the 8610-1447S for the front inserts. Just wondering what the difference is between that and the 8610-1453S inserts? I plan to pair them with 13-14 springs all around.

I have the front konis new in box for sale. $250 shipped :). It's the 1447s

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

You can use either. Go back a few months to earlier this year in this thread and it's all explained.

I don't know the height of the 13/14 stock springs, but the '10-12 stock springs were pain in the butt to compress to fit the stock strut. [Maybe a 2nd set of spring compressors would have helped.]

I believe the 1447's are around 1/4" shorter than the 1453's which is a little shorter than the stock struts. I would probably go with the 1453 for installation reasons.

I don't know the height of the 13/14 stock springs, but the '10-12 stock springs were pain in the butt to compress to fit the stock strut. [Maybe a 2nd set of spring compressors would have helped.]

I believe the 1447's are around 1/4" shorter than the 1453's which is a little shorter than the stock struts. I would probably go with the 1453 for installation reasons.

Compressing auto springs is something that terrifies me every time I do it, especially with the handheld rental compressors.

MGT, do yourself a favor, if possible, and find someone with a wall mounted compressor. It will at least make it a little less unnerving. I have access to one here, but I would assume you don't want to drive all the way to Cleveland to use it.

They do, in fact that fitment was confirmed by Koni directly if I remember correctly and tested by GTeaser. They're just a very small bit less extension than the 1453s, but Koni confirmed that their assembly is identical to the 1453 and will fit us as well.

EDIT: Sorry, missed the "6th gen" in the post. 1447s fit 4th and 5th gens, not confirmed any fitment for 6th gen.

Edited by Humble Rumble

I don't remember reading if the 1447s would fit the 6th gen legacy? Anyone know?

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

No one has done it yet that I know of. In fact, we don't even know if the 1453 fits the 6th Gen. Different models of 6th Gen from what I understand have different shocks, some KYB and some SensaTrack or something like that.

They do, in fact that fitment was confirmed by Koni directly if I remember correctly and tested by GTeaser. They're just a very small bit less extension than the 1453s, but Koni confirmed that their assembly is identical to the 1453 and will fit us as well.

Not correct. Koni verified fitment of the 1447 for the 5th Gen, not the 6th Gen.

Fellas,

I was going through the instructions again before the installation, and I noticed that in the 4th gen instructions thread, step 12 shows a lock washer for item D. I did not get split washers with my front inserts, but I do have the deformed top nuts that are designed to lock. Do I need split washers up front? Or did the 4th gens have a normal top nut?

Fellas,

I was going through the instructions again before the installation, and I noticed that in the 4th gen instructions thread, step 12 shows a lock washer for item D. I did not get split washers with my front inserts, but I do have the deformed top nuts that are designed to lock. Do I need split washers up front? Or did the 4th gens have a normal top nut?

My 1453's came with a normal nut and split washer for the top. If you have a locking nut, it should be fine with a regular washer.

• 4 weeks later...
So having my rear setup done for the last couple of months, I have to say very tight and solid so far. I am going to go look for some 1453s to sleeve out the front struts. I am going to stick with the 2013 springs, since the rears are great.