LegacyGT.com

OCV failure on 5th Gen GT's?

Is this as common as the older models? (almost seems to be routine maintenance :lol:) I've recently found out that my car is kind of a mutant when it comes to parts. Being one of the first run '10s, it seems Subaru just threw whatever they had leftover from other cars into it.

Have been experiencing a P0014 code for the last few months. Did a little recon with the AP and the corresponding OCV is definitely failing. Degree monitor shows it fine one second and then off by 10-20deg the next (as compared to it's opposed counterpart). From there it may just sit at 0 altogether. I figured it was an easy enough part to obtain so went to the trusty old Subaru parts site and found what I needed. Ordered at half cost on Amazon and took it to the shop. They called and said it was the wrong part. This is the second shop to look at it (my local dealership told me the same thing, but pointed me to a completely incorrect thing).

Long story, shortened; after some recon and research, the OCV's on my car are from a 2009 model year Tribeca. Subaru parts references 10921AA140 as the correct unit, but what's in the car is...not.

Are mishaps like this common? I haven't seen too many threads on OCV failure as a whole for turbo's so wondering if by '11, the issue was resolved with the "current" part number. Any thoughts?

Is this as common as the older models? (almost seems to be routine maintenance :lol:) I've recently found out that my car is kind of a mutant when it comes to parts. Being one of the first run '10s, it seems Subaru just threw whatever they had leftover from other cars into it.

Have been experiencing a P0014 code for the last few months. Did a little recon with the AP and the corresponding OCV is definitely failing. Degree monitor shows it fine one second and then off by 10-20deg the next (as compared to it's opposed counterpart). From there it may just sit at 0 altogether. I figured it was an easy enough part to obtain so went to the trusty old Subaru parts site and found what I needed. Ordered at half cost on Amazon and took it to the shop. They called and said it was the wrong part. This is the second shop to look at it (my local dealership told me the same thing, but pointed me to a completely incorrect thing).

Long story, shortened; after some recon and research, the OCV's on my car are from a 2009 model year Tribeca. Subaru parts references 10921AA140 as the correct unit, but what's in the car is...not.

Are mishaps like this common? I haven't seen too many threads on OCV failure as a whole for turbo's so wondering if by '11, the issue was resolved with the "current" part number. Any thoughts?

I doubt Subaru just threw in random parts. They probably made just running changes as they ramped up production. In another thread I notice Subaru changed the turbo oil feed banjo bolt pretty early on as well. Did you put your VIN into Subaru's Part catalog and look the OCV up that way?

I doubt Subaru just threw in random parts. They probably made just running changes as they ramped up production. In another thread I notice Subaru changed the turbo oil feed banjo bolt pretty early on as well. Did you put your VIN into Subaru's Part catalog and look the OCV up that way?

Yes sir, I did. That's how I always check for part numbers since it usually gives you revised parts as well.

My wife (former Subie sales) has a word in with the local regional rep to see if there's any recourse as even dealers couldn't figure out why my parts didn't match what it should have.

Have you considered the issue may be the cam adjustor itself, those are also known to cause timing issues.

Does the other sensor not fit? I would assume they work the same as Subaru doesn't usually make wholesale changes across different models with sensors and parts in general.

I'm wondering if that OCV was used on the 3.0 engine in the first gen tribeca. I can't find the part number looking up the 07 Tribeca, the part isn't even listed. The newer models use a different valve that is only apparently used on the 3.6 engine. In any case if it works correctly I wouldn't concern myself too much with it.