LegacyGT.com

Exhaust informational thread

jsalicru

axelback by nameless performance or megan. alternatively you can do any of the dual can catbacks for the gt/3.6r if you're willing to get a couple of hangers welded on.

check this out too:

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/5th-gen-exhaust-236990.html

Also, you'll find a lot more info in the fifth gen section.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for the tip I found a exhaust that I want to get for my 2013 Subaru Legacy non-Turbo. I also talked to a local Muffler shop and they can weld more hangers for the exhaust. I like Invidia Exhaust systems here is a link for the exhaust I was thinking about getting. Let me know what you think. I hope this can work with my car

http://www.ebay.com/itm/322035610858?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

• 8 months later...
  • 5 months later...

Good day guys, anyone have a GOOD pic of hks silent on a 05-07 sedan I can see please? I herd it sits into the bumper to much and too go with the wagon one possibly.... Just would like to do my due diligence...Thanks

Sent from my 0PJA2 using Tapatalk

• 2 years later...
  • 6 months later...

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

• 6 months later...

This may or may not be the right place for this but I removed my exhaust this weekend and the gasket between the downpipe and the rest of the exhaust disintegrated. I know you are supposed to replace gaskets, but I didnt really think about it.

I have the 3" flange at that connection and I was using a Vibrant 1458 3" 2 bolt gasket. This is a widely available gasket but not locally when you need to get your car back together. I was able to use a gasket from GM trucks at the catalytic converter connection. It was a 2 bolt gasket a little bit bigger than 3" and its not a perfect fit, but my exhaust is sealed now. It required a little trimming and new holes drilled but it was literally the only way for me to get an exahust gasket - no local stores had any sheets of exhaust gasket material, and nobody stocked the Vibrant gasket.

I used a Fel-Pro 61561 for the 3" downpipe 2 bolt flange. Another brand of the same gasket is Walker 31574. This requires some modification, but will get you back on the road if you are in a bind like me. I found some other potential options but nothing that was stocked locally.

I attached a picture of the gasket next to the flange

IMG_20210313_200718022.jpg.7b3bdae47f47f4f04142bc93ef47775c.jpg