LegacyGT.com

Anyone have Borla exhaust with catted downpipe I can hear?

Moddiction

Wondering if anyone in Western MA by CT and NY border has the Borla exhaust on stock or catted downpipe rest of exhaust I could hear in person.

I hear its the quietest available but I really want as close to stock volume as possible.

If they made a stainless oem exhaust I'd buy that but they don't of course.

Let me know if anyone does have that. I'll drive over to check it out.

Thanks!

WWW.MODDICTION.COM

Moddiction Stainless steel and Titanium shift knobs.

Drivetrain, suspension, brakes, exhaust, cooling, fuel, gauges+MUCH more!

• 1 month later...

It is definitely louder than stock, though it may very well be the quietest aftermarket available. It rumbles quite a bit, but I don't really seem to turn heads going down the street. That said, I did attract the attention on an unmarked police car when I took off from a stop in an (unposted) 20 mph zone. He didn't have a radar reading on me, so no ticket, but he was pretty pissed at me.

My point is that it is definitely more noticeable than stock, but it's not wake the neighbors, look at me obnoxious. And I don't know of a quieter stainless catback.

If you're out Boston way ... I've got Cobb catless up, Cobb catted down, and Borla catback. Hit me up. Good luck.

• I Donated Too
I have catted invidia down and borla catback. It's off the car right now and extremely quiet. It's much louder when on the car and when the engine used to work. Even then though, as those who have stood behind the car on the dyno... it was not loud at all.

Thanks guys! Think I'll probably just stick with the stock exhaust unfortunately. I just want a stainless steel stock exhaust!

Really don't want any added loudness when normally driving. A little more when wot would be fine but not around town.

WWW.MODDICTION.COM

• I Donated Too
SOON I will be back out and about... but what will be connected to the catted downpipe and borla will be far far far away from stock so that might make it pretty loud because of compression and god knows what yet.

Yes without question. Usually the sound difference is attributed to the speed & volume (amount not sound) of exhaust emissions, and the different additional pathways in which turbo'ed exhaust has to go through to make it to the rear end. However with our cars remember Subaru made a conscious effort to make the GT & 2.5i equally quiet and thus very similar, they sound very similar at stock. Decibels from stock GT to stock NA don't vary much (with exception of rumble). So with the UEL Racing Header that I'm running the Borla sounds ver much like a Stock GT running a Borla. However NOT EXACTLY the same sound, but it will give you a pretty close idea.

The actual Borla system sounds only one way, the difference will be exhaust speed & volume (amount not sound) prior to Borla, so with that in mind…If I had to guess, I'd step out on a limb and presume that my tach at 1000 rpm with Borla will sound like your car with Borla at your idle (750-800rpm) or something similar. If quiet is your goal, you'd want to keep your oem components prior to the cat.

Ok yeah. I do have aftermarket downpipe but it is a catted version so doesn't increase noise by much at all. All other mods won't affect noise much. Just running 20 psi tune with grimmspeed ebcs, avo tmic and 16g turbo going in soon. But stock header, up pipe,exhaust etc.

WWW.MODDICTION.COM

If you installed a Borla CBE...With your current set up, you'll sound a tad bit louder than me or anyone else with stock components…However many people think that the Borla is too quiet and can use a few more decibels. I think your car would sound awesome with the Borla.

Archived