LegacyGT.com

Drivers side door

bochuck

Won't open. No tension on the inner handle. No combination of turning the key, using the fob, or pulling the handle will open it. Any ideas?

VF-52 and all associated bits tuned by Tuning Alliance.

:cool:

i had something like this happen on my outback. someone tried to break in and broke something off inside
258k miles - Stock engine/minor suspension upgrades/original shocks/rear struts replaced at 222k/4 passenger side wheel bearings/3 clutches/1 radiator/3 turbos

No visible signs of a slim Jim, probably something that happened before I bought it. Had a little problem with it a month ago and it fixed itself. Now there is no tension or anything. In Michigan right now. Gonna drive back to CT tomorrow.

Went to the local dealership to get my door "unfuckered". Took em 2 hours to get it open. Turns out that the locking mechanism is trashed. New part cost $55. Gonna go pick it up tomorrow. Might have them install it. Don't know yet. Don't wanna screw it up and run into the same problem later.

Most likely it is just the motor. I didn't even ask. I just said fix it. The mechanic that works on my car is trustworthy like that. I will post again tomorrow after I get it done. Receipt is in the car and I don't feel like going out to get it.

• 2 years later...
Updating this post even though it is like three years old. Closure and all that. Turns out the metal rod from the handle down to the mechanical tumbler mechanism inside the door was bent/twisted. The rod comes together with a new handle. Had it replaced and nary a problem with it in the last 3-ish years.

• 4 weeks later...
I don't remember all the details of the handle. Found this outback handle pic and it looks very similar.

Ok, looks like I will have to take apart the lock from the handle. I have to see how easy it is to replace the rod

So did the rod just need to be re-attached or it was broken all together and needed replacement?

Mine was to the point to where it would work once in a blue moon. Something to do with the way the lower part of the rod was contacting the tumbler. Slight bend I think. Instead of risking a future problem, I just had it changed.

Archived