LegacyGT.com

Magnusonsubie's 05 LGT Wagon thread.

Sorry to bump this thread, but to Gunnar - Did you have to roll the fenders to fit the 235/40/18s with the old H&R springs you had on? Looks like you've gone through a couple suspension revisions since, but I was curious since that's the route I'm planning to take on my car if they can fit with my H&Rs and Konis.

• Replies 696
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry to bump this thread, but to Gunnar - Did you have to roll the fenders to fit the 235/40/18s with the old H&R springs you had on? Looks like you've gone through a couple suspension revisions since, but I was curious since that's the route I'm planning to take on my car if they can fit with my H&Rs and Konis.

I did have to roll the fronts as they would rub every once and awhile especially when driving spiritedly.

Also, the car is at the body shop currently getting painted so I should be able to pick it up in 4 weeks when I'm home at the end of the month!

2005 Vader Wagon

Material Tests on Ringland Failure Piston

I should have held off and purchased a wagon instead of the spec.B

• 2 months later...
Longest 4 weeks ever!!!! But, the body shop was down a tech and my project for them was pretty specialized. Didn't make it home till the beginning of May but the shop has made steady progress and I saw the car this morning fully primed. Paint going on this week and I should have it back by Friday.

2005 Vader Wagon

Damn that looks sick. Question regarding JDM front end conversion. Anyone gotta a link? Hard time navigating this site rn and I really want to pull it off but I don't wanna any seam issues. I heard it's not a perfect match and I don't want to invest in something that won't look precise or non-stockish. I hate when panels don't line up right.

Damn that looks sick. Question regarding JDM front end conversion. Anyone gotta a link? Hard time navigating this site rn and I really want to pull it off but I don't wanna any seam issues. I heard it's not a perfect match and I don't want to invest in something that won't look precise or non-stockish. I hate when panels don't line up right.

Try sifting through here: https://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/official-jdm-conversion-aftermarket-body-thread-112608.html

MILKRUN  - Click Here

links for buying the JDM post front conversion? Not aware of any links. I had to buy piece by piece from 3 countries. if you don't get a nose cut, these parts are very expensive to ship from other countries. Which is why only us dumb ones do it. I know magnson has been working on his for years. I'm almost on year 5.

There are no seam issue when you buy OEM subaru parts (USDM/JDM/EDM). Only if the panel was dented during shipping, which has happened to me twice.

I'm meticulous about my builds. Nothing comes across the pond flawless. You need to know something about body repair or know of a body shop. These cars are 15 years old and use parts are just that, used.

Before you step of the cliff on this, know that a JDM post front end conversion can cost between $3-4k (nose cut $1-2k). That doesn't include install labor or paint work. Even if you buy a jdn fender in your color, it will not match your car perfect. sunlight duration and country's climate can affect paint.

• 3 months later...

Forgot to post here but the car is all painted and looks fantastic. I'm back at work again though so it's sitting on a battery tender in my garage now. I also bought a house with a shop while I was home so no more storage unit and parking stuff at my parents place. f3447e016f231d63913218a202461e8a.jpge563c6c78071489b3394f178da922301.jpg225828e597a1b94e4d0d2629848ed2bb.jpg37bf19a88d9335379deb58c273a8c229.jpg

Sent from my SM-G973U1 using Tapatalk

Edited by magnusonsubie

2005 Vader Wagon

Forgot to post here but the car is all painted and looks fantastic. I'm back at work again though so it's sitting on a battery tender in my garage now. I also bought a house with a shop while I was home so no more storage unit and parking stuff at my parents place.

Congrats all the way around. looks great. hoping to have a single shade of WRB paint on mine this spring now that i'm done import panels.

Beautiful. Only car I've ever seen those wheels look good on.
They are such a good wheel and I'm so happy with them. Had to raise the car quite a bit as they rubbed at first when I put them on since I went with a 255/35 tire.
Nice work! So, what's next :hide: ?
I still haven't gotten around to doing the upper interior black so next time I'm home from work that's on the list to do. I'll also be getting the front end wrapped in protective vinyl and then ceramic coat the whole car and then just drive it and enjoy it.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

2005 Vader Wagon

Also if it's gone unnoticed I had the plastic moldings removed and shaved on the doors so they are fully smooth. Super subtle change to the look but I really like the way it came out.

2005 Vader Wagon

Also if it's gone unnoticed I had the plastic moldings removed and shaved on the doors so they are fully smooth. Super subtle change to the look but I really like the way it came out.

respect for going this route !