LegacyGT.com

Question: is there a complete silicone hose set readily available?

https://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/venair-ancillary-hose-kit-group-buy-3-options-3-colors-221557.html

this guy... hmmmm, I saw some that had a lot more pieces, the links below.

https://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/silicone-hose-kit-layout-251381.html

https://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/initial-sale-thread-05-09-lgt-complete-engine-silicone-hose-225429.html

This one had a loooooot of hoses, like everyone it seems. Not sure if the infamous one is as complete as what i'm looking for.

Samco does hoses, too.

Do you know part numbers you need?

I seem to remember the two people who arranged group buys on hoses both complained about not having an exclusive rights to the hoses. I may be mis-remebering so don't quote me. The short of it being both Venair and samco should have every hose you need available. You may have to order them to get them, tho.

Check Perrin and rallispec direct, too.

M sprank had a hose gb. I believe he's sold everything.

Free range racing had a hose gb. He may have something left.

As I bought free's car, he's probably no longer active. Pm me for contact info if his profile info doesn't help.

Also check jmp's Rolodex thread. Forget the thread name, but search for threads started by user. Type in jmp and wait for auto complete to give you a list. Jmp###### .

Seems like it.

I am more interested in the air lines, the rubber is fine for coolant, they don't seem to get harder, just looser, or expand. The air lines however seem to get hard and brittle which will eventually lead to a leak. I checked all the valve cover hoses and they are all hardening, and I know I changed a bunch of them already.

Which leads to my next issue.... I need an air/oil separator or catch can.. so I probably won't need the standard valve cover air hoses I'm assuming... back to the drawing board.... I needed air hoses but now that i've thought about it, I should get the ao separator first and see how it needs to be installed, then I should figure out the other hoses. I'm seeing people are using two small catch cans vs 1 large one, so I have to look into that as well, 2 vs 1.

If I can track down where these group buys came from, I will contact the companies and try and make an order.

If you actually need a set up... you would need 2 catch cans.

I had Venair make the hoses. But my sales from the GB were so poor they never made more and the part numbers were never active in the catalog. You can reach out to them but chances are you would need to purchase more than one set.

• 1 year later...

If you have one complete set maybe I/we can find a company that can make a set for a group buy. If your up for it, I think a bunch of other 4th genr's would be interested, maybe...

we could all donate towards purchase and shipping somewhere to be cloned.

Edited by Tehnation

If you have one complete set maybe I/we can find a company that can make a set for a group buy. If your up for it, I think a bunch of other 4th genr's would be interested, maybe...

we could all donate towards purchase and shipping somewhere to be cloned.

The ability to copy / clone a finished kit is great.

However, it would be nice to end up with a copy no worse in quality than products of SAMCO/VenAir

Fingers crossed

I just picked up this set after watching this guy on youtube working on the same build as I am. Its a bit pricey but I can't find a kit anywhere in the states. I paid 330 for the whole kit in black. Ill confirm back once I receive and install it since my motor is currently being rebuilt in my basement.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Complete-Silicone-Radiator-Heater-Hose-Kit-for-MT-Subaru-Legacy-BP5-BL5-03-09/333153510216?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&var=542174382683&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

I just picked up this set after watching this guy on youtube working on the same build as I am. Its a bit pricey but I can't find a kit anywhere in the states. I paid 330 for the whole kit in black. Ill confirm back once I receive and install it since my motor is currently being rebuilt in my basement.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Complete-Silicone-Radiator-Heater-Hose-Kit-for-MT-Subaru-Legacy-BP5-BL5-03-09/333153510216?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&var=542174382683&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

it is Autobahn88 product

I have to repeat my fears - one thing confuses me: the name of the car body for which this kit is intended is BL/BP. Not B13.

It would not have turned out that this kit is intended exclusively for right-handed vehicles.

I fully admit that part of the tubes should differ in their shape due to the difference in the arrangement of certain elements under the hood.