LegacyGT.com

2019 Subaru Legacy review is out.

I am a little surprised about the reviewer's comments about front headroom and rear legroom. I've driven/ridden in current model Accords and Camrys and did not find the Legacy to be deficient in those areas compared to the competition. I am 6 feet tall for reference.

^ The lady is short, and she has her seat lifted up high. It's a fairly bad review. I was like "WTH is she talking about?!" :rolleyes:

Only my opinion, but I think by far the best reviews are on Savage Geese. I believe they are more informative and honest than most others I have seen, plus they add a lot humor which makes them easy to watch.

Admittedly the following one is only on the 2016 Legacy, but it still has a bit to offer to those of us who own a 3.6R.

Also, there was an error saying reverse automatic braking is new for 2019.

Not to mention the statement that EyeSight is an option on all trim levels except base. Starting with MY 2019, Eyesight is, in fact, now standard equipment on all Legacy and Outback models. That's a major factual error.

J.D. Power is always for sale to the highest bidder. Makes you wonder which of Subaru's competitors paid for this "review"?

"If you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there." ~ The Cheshire Cat (Alice in Wonderland)

spacer.png

I am a little surprised about the reviewer's comments about front headroom and rear legroom. I've driven/ridden in current model Accords and Camrys and did not find the Legacy to be deficient in those areas compared to the competition. I am 6 feet tall for reference.

The Legacy is deficient in front legroom compared to the Sonata and Altima. I'm 6'1" and I really miss the extra leg room.

My experience with the latest generations of Subies (OK, Outbacks) is that leg room is very good even in back seats when the front seats are a long way back and no issues with headroom either. Might be a bit worse headroom when having a sunroof, but I'll manage then as well even though my back is about 4" longer than the average person.

453747.png

The Legacy is deficient in front legroom compared to the Sonata and Altima. I'm 6'1" and I really miss the extra leg room.

Well, I haven't driven those cars as they weren't on my list to consider.

I guess it is all about how each person is proportioned. Maybe if you have particularly long legs it is a problem? If so, then headroom shouldn't be an issue for the driver, as mentioned in the review. You do know the steering wheel telescopes, right?

I haven't found any front legroom issues either. The caveat there is I was taught at an early age to sit close to the wheel to improve control, so I am kind of used to my legs having less room that most people would probably prefer. I do the minimum 10-12 inches from wheel to chest, so the Airbag doesn't kill me in a crash, but that is as far back as I can go and still feel in control.

I'm 6' fall and haven't noticed any issues with legroom. Seems fine to me. I set the seat quite far forward for better control and lower them to the bottom. Lots of headroom even with the sunroof. Haven't sat in the back myself but no complaints from those who have ridden back there.

That 2019 looks exactly like my 2018, color and all. I think the wheels might be a little different though. When she says Car Play and AA are now standard does that mean you no longer need to plug a phone into a USB port to use them? I don't get the AA icon until I plug my phone in.

That 2019 looks exactly like my 2018, color and all. I think the wheels might be a little different though. When she says Car Play and AA are now standard does that mean you no longer need to plug a phone into a USB port to use them? I don't get the AA icon until I plug my phone in.

unit has to support wireless connection and I do not believe that the legacy does... I can do it either way on my aftermarket unit but I just plug it in since it works just the same and I can keep the phone charged.

Well, I haven't driven those cars as they weren't on my list to consider.

You don't have to drive them to see the specs. Here's the front legroom numbers in inches (2018 models):

Legacy 42.9

Sonata 45.5

Altima 45.0

I guess it is all about how each person is proportioned. Maybe if you have particularly long legs it is a problem? If so, then headroom shouldn't be an issue for the driver, as mentioned in the review. You do know the steering wheel telescopes, right?

I do, not sure about the reviewer.

Archived