LegacyGT.com

What did you do to your 4th gen. Legacy today? Vol - 10

Picked up some more goodies for the car/build today.

I just need more time allocated so I can actually get this all done!!!

Tomorrow I'll be attempting to swap in my control arms with upgraded bushings and installing both the front and rear whiteline swaybars. Like you I needed to find time and after a long few months it is finally happening. Hopefully I don't run into any major issues. :spin:

They claim they are wagon seats, which I’ve almost never seen in the blue.

I've never seen those seats period. What did they come in? JDM Option? It looks like they're missing the rear seat belt holder/bolsters parts. The USDM ones don't quite work with the lower seat cushions. Interesting find. Kinda ugly IMO.

oh i want these so bad...

No budget for $1k for seats...

"2003-2009 subaru legacy gt world rally team leather seats set blue oem jdm"

https://www.ebay.com/itm/2003-2009-subaru-legacy-gt-world-rally-team-leather-seats-set-blue-oem-jdm/283523260141?hash=item42034d9eed:g:gqmaaosw-flddf~z

i need a clutch more, but need to get the ecm replaced and flashed. If i reset the ecm, she drives quite smoothly for a while, then it starts to degrade until i get a bunch of misfires. Turning it off and on again will buy me some time. But an ecm reset will buy me a couple of weeks.

2007 spec b?

"Striving to better, oft we mar what's well." - Bill Shakespeare - car modder

Replaced the O2 per tuner recommendation, and filled it up with some E85. Really happy with the way the car turned out after everything. I think some better tires and some custom valved FA500s are in my future but for now I'm overall content. Turbo is a BNR EvoIII and I'm using a recirculated EWG.

64662135_2424188467796711_2481085508910841856_n.thumb.jpg.653d4b9d9f290dd73617137f648d11c1.jpg

62250918_671607829927699_2029579223697457152_n.thumb.jpg.6144e30b1270453e5fe63ecb59a78d8f.jpg

64586790_349647075671421_7255971827795623936_n.thumb.jpg.5051181dec1af2eada0909375a295049.jpg

Thinking about re-doing the SWP and taupe interior to an Old English White, with some pearl added, or perhaps a Silver Birch with either a biscuit or a saddle brown leather and contrasting light/medium brown interior cards, wood trim and carpet. Keep the light head liner and pillars, just to keep it from being too dark.

The saddle brown in the Outback has really grown on me, especially with the dark brown carpeting, SB cards and dark wood trim.

Old English White

colour-english-white.ashx?modified=20170724183115&mw=1000&mh=531&hash=5A66894B9B704609A6408307E9D24AF07C7627D6

Silver Birch

colour-silver-birch.ashx?modified=20170724183117&mw=1000&mh=531&hash=EEC20DE77E8A0A089F1151688E81AB95EC45D74E

- Pro amore Dei et patriam et populum -

My car has been sitting since October of 2017. I'm about ready to fire her up. Filled her up with coolant, motor and transmission oil today. I hand cranked the crank shaft waiting to see oil come out of the filter location but nothing came out.

What do you guys think - should I get some fogging oil for the cylinders or should I just crank it with the fuel pump disabled? Keep at the hand cranking until something comes out?

Found an answer.

Edited by Enlight

muFreight.co
A JDM Container Sharing Service from Japan 🇯🇵 to NYC 🗽
 🌐 Website📷 Instagram✉️ Email

Bessie II's Thread

I caressed it, then did a couple wot pulls to look at some data. It's been 7 years to the day that I purchased it which coincidentally is my grandfathers birthday as well. I dont think I'll ever sell this car unless it's a last resort kinda thing.

Pulled apart the spare motor I took from the parts car I bought from Scruit a while back, to take care of a seeping headgasket. Will end up being a nice way to get a 30k shortblock with a 16G, all the reliability upgrades, and fresh heads for cheap between parting the rest of the car and selling the running long block out of my wagon.

Now the 'while I'm in there' bug bit, and some other goodies are on their way. I don't know what I did, but the wife suddenly supports my rapid dadwagon dreams. Gonna just go with it <.< >.>

6YGZbtr.jpg

NapJtMZ.jpg

9imbAwN.jpg

jrYZmJL.jpg

Discovering just how much this car likes Shell gasoline. Was using cheaper no-name 93 octane fuel but since switching to Shell the car is just happy as all hell to get moving. Plus FKL & FBK have been virtually non-existent even with on-ramp pedal mashing. Besides it being out of the way and pricier it seems worth it

Busy weekend. Started the process of replacing the turbo inlet, bpv hose, general vacuum lines to silicone, and the crank case breather hose that was causing my oil leak. Got the breather hose on before other things pulled me away from the car. Just need to pick up a few small items and should be able to finish it up tonight. What a bitch of a job this has been so far. Took about 2 hours to get everything removed and the breather hose on and clamped down.

Also ordered a set of Osram CBI D2S bulbs since driver's side low beam is on it's way out and swung by a fabrication shop to see about getting my new tips put on. :wub:

1.1.thumb.jpg.d09fd65c9cf9937fdb9037ce7ebef1d5.jpg

2.2.thumb.jpg.d1e4ed544c38e6f64a72c1ade9528e20.jpg

3.3.thumb.jpg.a6b429dbb80750dd1cf81f353faa22c3.jpg

This guy, just a a generic kit of a few feet of different size hoses. I saw your about to tackle your's as well. I regret not taking the IM off and replacing a few more gaskets while I'm at it but time is not on my side currently. Getting ready for a dyno day July 11th-12th and busy with plans every weekend until then.

Took my wagons over to PNW Wagonfest today. Lots of 4th gens in attendance. Had a blast.

48117266897_9e32845090_b.jpg

Oh my. That grill :wub:

Found the "clunk/thunk" since my swaybar install - apparently ball joints arent supposed to move in and out of the spindle/knuckle? :spin: Found no cracks... just wasnt properly tightened last time.

05' LGT, ZFD Built 5MT, Stage 2 Cryotune 91/E85, 170,000mi running BRotella T6 and Ecoguard S4615 filters.

This guy, just a a generic kit of a few feet of different size hoses. I saw your about to tackle your's as well. I regret not taking the IM off and replacing a few more gaskets while I'm at it but time is not on my side currently. Getting ready for a dyno day July 11th-12th and busy with plans every weekend until then.
Thank you for the link.. totally gonna do this when I have downtime... LOL

More like someday..

Scotty

Couldn't quite finish installing everything I wanted but got close enough. The control arms with KCA334 and all other bushings replaced are in. Huge inprovement in driveability and the intermitent shake while braking at 60mph is completely gone. In other words the OEM bushings were done. I have a spare set of Spec B aluminum Arms now or maybe I'll sell them. Today I'll finish installing the bump steer kit since I couldn't get the tie rod to budge and will know borrow the proper tool from Autozone. I'll finish installing the sways as well.

Alright, rant is over.

Discovering just how much this car likes Shell gasoline. Was using cheaper no-name 93 octane fuel but since switching to Shell the car is just happy as all hell to get moving. Plus FKL & FBK have been virtually non-existent even with on-ramp pedal mashing. Besides it being out of the way and pricier it seems worth it

I have also noticed that my car likes Shell gas. My mpg is always high when I fill up with shell 93.

+1 for shell...my car is happy with Shell or Chevron.

Made an appointment with Firestone tomorrow to do an alignment since I paid for lifetime alignment and will be driving to San Diego for the 5th time this year, about to break 130k miles! Stage 2 tune since 55k miles then STX71 tuned since 80ish K miles. Stock block still good, no consumption. 200k here I come. Thanks to STi Mikey (mikeytuned)

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Follow me on IG @chefodiycarguy

and @chefo.soriano

Got the turbo inlet on and everything buttoned down. Was pleasantly surprised that the original VF40 w/ 168k miles has virtually no shaft play.

Dropped it off at the shop for them to check for vacuum and exhaust leaks as well as compression and leak down. Don't expect anything bad to come back but want peace of mind before dyno day.