LegacyGT.com

the exhaust finisher thread . as you wish !

madrig

so no long time ago boxkita contacted me about the idea to make an exhaust garnish /finisher for the rear bumper .

and i think is a good idea , i always had in my mind to do something about the rear bumper , so simple from factory , compare to newer bumper will all fancy diffuser this day !

i actually burned my usdm rear bumper , when the tip are shorter than oem exhaust !

guess wish side is hoter !

IMG_1993.thumb.JPG.1e059af88d0270df83de29dcf3a8420b.JPG

IMG_1992.thumb.JPG.6af1673d42c0fe8214e2aaddea71fc42.JPG

so before i m going to far on this , i m asking for direction on design .

this is just first draw , just to get starting somewhere !

maybe hard to see all in gray primer , i should paint it black to see it stand out .

the idea is to make it carbon but could also be paint silver .

IMG_2114.thumb.JPG.43c25dca6d4b634cf540cab1acf650d7.JPG

IMG_2115.thumb.JPG.281d9aa5eaabcbd896fddeacdfb001d7.JPG

IMG_2118.thumb.JPG.124da1eb7dae5f3192068b4c67bb2321.JPG

I'm assuming this will be wagon fitment only? I'm hoping its not so I'll provide some input. To be honest a straight up copy of the JDM garnish you pictured in carbon fiber would be great.

I'm assuming this will be wagon fitment only? I'm hoping its not so I'll provide some input. To be honest a straight up copy of the JDM garnish you pictured in carbon fiber would be great.

i m working for the wagon now , for the sedan i will have to source a sedan bumper . if somebody in Montreal have one ,PM please !

you right a copy of the jdm will look good !

so have to source the jdm garnish and a bumper !

Gabo - Not trying to deter you from madrig's amazing work, but I was going to sell the JDM aluminum exhaust finishers I got from HKC once I got some free time. It appears the ones I got were the sedan version (slightly different mounting points from the ones above, believe those are actually the wagon version) and they weren't even close to filling out the exhaust cut-out on the wagon bumper. Let me know if you're interested.

Madrig - I'm getting my exhaust tips lengthened at some point but I'm still in for a set of these!

Gabo - Not trying to deter you from madrig's amazing work, but I was going to sell the JDM aluminum exhaust finishers I got from HKC once I got some free time. It appears the ones I got were the sedan version (slightly different mounting points from the ones above, believe those are actually the wagon version) and they weren't even close to filling out the exhaust cut-out on the wagon bumper. Let me know if you're interested.

Madrig - I'm getting my exhaust tips lengthened at some point but I'm still in for a set of these!

PM me and lets see if we can work something out... I was hoping to get them in Carbon Fiber since I aleady have Madrigs hood scoop and a carbon fiber duckbill spoiler.

Madrig I'm willing to send them your way should I make the purchase for the sake of making carbon fiber ones. Thoughts?

PM me and lets see if we can work something out... I was hoping to get them in Carbon Fiber since I aleady have Madrigs hood scoop and a carbon fiber duckbill spoiler.

Madrig I'm willing to send them your way should I make the purchase for the sake of making carbon fiber ones. Thoughts?

Will do and would be sweet if Madrig could do that. Can never complain about having multiple choices/styles.

Will do and would be sweet if Madrig could do that. Can never complain about having multiple choices/styles.

i can mold the jdm no problem , i maybe find a bumper for sedan so this will help

• 1 month later...
so no long time ago boxkita contacted me about the idea to make an exhaust garnish /finisher for the rear bumper .

and i think is a good idea , i always had in my mind to do something about the rear bumper , so simple from factory , compare to newer bumper will all fancy diffuser this day !

i actually burned my usdm rear bumper , when the tip are shorter than oem exhaust !

guess wish side is hoter !

[ATTACH]274359[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]274360[/ATTACH]

Just found this thread...

• 3 months later...

Long overdue. Madrig sent me a set of the carbon exhaust finishers to try out sometime ago and I finally got around to taking pictures of them. In the pic's they are just being held on with some tape.

Quality & fit is outstanding as always!

Don't mind the dirty bumper, been doing to some pulls to dial in an EBCS.

1.thumb.jpg.dc407d3f6ec75a60f378f82065e00f52.jpg

2.thumb.jpg.3b694b78b5ab2cede4b2fa4723ff46f3.jpg

3.thumb.jpg.d72fa69c61a2fe15cdfc39be1fd8de7c.jpg

4.thumb.jpg.47846ac91bf36ea412f8b5db304f2854.jpg

5.thumb.jpg.40eec3a8a75f78783262e7ea56ef5033.jpg