LegacyGT.com

Whiteline 334M Rebuildable?

I bought the Whiteline 334M pillow ball front control arm bushing from rallisport. It sat on the shelf for about a year. Finally had a chance to install them in my spec b arms last week. And, within 15km they started clunking really bad. The bearing itself feels tight but there is play between the bearing outer shell and the housing. Seeing that I might be off warranty and that these have been discontinued, I would like to try rebuilding them. Does anyone know what tool I would need to open these up? It has 4 holes on the bottom side and looks like its threaded into the outer housing. I tried a couple sizes of axle spindle nut wrenches but none are close to being the right fit. pics below for reference.

whi_kca334m_4

KDT3246_1200Wx1200H.jpg

Dunno what their policy is for spherical bearing setups but they have a lifetime warranty on poly bushes, have had a couple of long time bushes replaced under warranty. Worth getting their opinion before going too far pulling them apart as it might be something that voids the warranty if they still have one.

2000 Legacy B4 RSK - SOLD

2006 Legacy BP5 GT Spec B wagon - Garage Thread

2011 VW T5 van 2.0L of turbo diesel awesomeness

Archived