P0244 - Turbocharger Wastegate Solenoid A Range/Performance

• 5 months later...
  • Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I've thrown this code twice now after being open source tuned recently on my 05 LGT. It doesn't come on consistently for me. first time was on the 08/29/2016 where I reset the ecu and continued to love it. the second time was on 09/05/2016. both were going from 3rd to 4th gear around 60MPH+ and hard accelerating.

I've meticulously combed over the car before tuning it mid July. all vacuum lines and leaks taken care of along with replacing necessary hoses at the same time securing them down.

car runs great! it feels like fuel cut or "boost cut" from back in the day when it happens.

I have contacted my tuner but haven't received an answer yet. I'm running a GS 3 port EBCS, stock BPV, stock turbo, turbo back, up pipe GS TMI, silicone turbo inlet and a bunch of suspension goodies.

28880551924_9e49c78da9_z.jpg

28880551684_05d7ce8d33_z.jpg

I'd like to get this taken care of soon so any additional input would be greatly appreciated on the matter.

Since you're open-source tuned, look at the maps. Check your target boost values and then check what your DTC threshold is set to. Also, you need to log to see if you're hitting your boost targets or not.

That might have to be what I need to do. I'll pull the rom tonight and go from there.

There's also a threshold for the time you need to be over the fuel cut threshold before it's activated.
Obligatory '[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/2008-gh8-238668.html?t=238668"]build thread[/URL]' Increased capacity to 2.7 liters, still turbo, but no longer need spark plugs.

• 1 month later...
Has anyone thrown this code at idle? I haven't looked around the engine bay yet but my car died on me while getting food and when I finally got it started again it had a cel for p0244. Car has new turbo (blouch 1.5xtr), omni 4 bar map sensor, new maf, grimmspeed 3 port ebcs and is tuned. I usually only get it on cold days at the track. Car doesn't run lean or rich and boost readings look like they are where they need to be so caught me off guard at idle throwing this code. I'll have to check the hoses but figured I'd see if anyone else had that happen.

I can only imagine that the wrong offsets have been used for your 4bar MAP sensor, or the fuel cut threshold at low rpm is set really, really low, like below atmospheric pressure. Ask your tuner what's going on. This shouldn't happen. Edited by fahr_side
Obligatory '[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/2008-gh8-238668.html?t=238668"]build thread[/URL]' Increased capacity to 2.7 liters, still turbo, but no longer need spark plugs.

• 8 months later...
+1 here. Check the hose that runs from the wastegate actuator to the solenoid. There is a small blue T in that line and I bet that one of the hoses popped off. Same exact thing happene to me when I bought my car in july.

Everyone always talks about the small blue T. The small T on my car is not blue...

Everyone always talks about the small blue T. The small T on my car is not blue...

Company 23 makes a metal T and check valve in one like the stock blue T. This is located behind the intake manifold towards the firewall under the intercooler

If they come off I would check if you can actually squeeze the hose and if you cannot it also means it's not sealing. Change all hoses

• 1 year later...
I have a stock ‘05 L-GT MT mileage is at 105k. I have had interrupts occur at 4500-5000 with the illumination of the CEL and a recurrent flashing “Cruise” light. I was told the error code was 57 from a local shop who reset the system. When I take it for diagonistics, is there any to request outside of system diagnostics and a request to replace the solenoid?