LegacyGT.com

What did you do to your 5th gen today?? -V4

In case some of you didn't know from Facebook, I sent off my OEM charge pipe to a company who will be doing an aftermarket unit since the racerX model is no longer available. Stay tuned over there for the group by when it happens. I'm not in charge of it so please don't pm me with questions, as I didn't didn't coordinate it. I simply offered to send mine since i don't need it.

YOU DAH MAN STU! just one question, do you know if they are going to try to match the BPV location?

Afaik stock location.

As for accomplishmemts today. I was able to remove the invida dp to swap on Bbpieks oem dp, they do visual inspections for Idaho now so only way I'm going to pass.

Also at the same time we took off the stock turbo and installed islandborns 20g Steamspeed turbo I purchased from him a while back.

Had a bolt siezed in it so had to weld a nut to it and get it out. No big deal. Rather than doing one thing at a time we just dropped the whole header, took about 45mins on jackstands. Shockingly easy access to just about every line. The rest of the exhaust etc took about 4ish hrs.

Tomorrow I'll go test it to pass. Get an extra bung welded on to read AFR's and we'll begin tuning. Injectors and pump will go in tomorrow too. Hoping to gain 30-50hp and another 20-50wtq to hold to 6k, rather than our little stocker wheel running out of power.

okay, so maybe it was saturday and not today, but replaced my starter. after a 30 mile tow home, an hour calling all of the stores in the area to find the *only* starter in the entire metropolitan area for my car, and an hour round trip to pick it up, the removal and install took an hour. super easy to do, just gotta rip the intercooler off first which is always fun.

okay, so maybe it was saturday and not today, but replaced my starter. after a 30 mile tow home, an hour calling all of the stores in the area to find the *only* starter in the entire metropolitan area for my car, and an hour round trip to pick it up, the removal and install took an hour. super easy to do, just gotta rip the intercooler off first which is always fun.

I'm surprised you could find one in stock at all. I only found a couple parts in stock for my entire build... the cam seals and exhaust camshaft sprocket, everything else had at least a two day lead time on it.

I'm surprised you could find one in stock at all. I only found a couple parts in stock for my entire build... the cam seals and exhaust camshaft sprocket, everything else had at least a two day lead time on it.

Yeah, everywhere was saying 2-3 days lead time, but this one auto zone(uuuugh) had one. Was talking to the guy there, whose STI was parked out front, and he said that he makes sure to stock all of the Subaru parts he can even if they're, lets just say, slow sellers. Apparently the starter is the same as the 2.5i manuals, which are also not exactly common, so that at least made my life a bit easier. aside from suspension bits and regular maintenance stuff that's the same as the rest of the legacy lineup, everything is always custom order--even from the dealer around here. hooray!

Picked up the lgt from Mach V this morning after walking off a redeye at Dulles. They installed an Invidia catted J-pipe and Q300 exhaust plus a Perrin 22mm adjustable RSB that I bought from them a few weeks ago. They also kindly installed the 93 octane stage 2 OTS Cobb map so I didn't have to fiddle with that, which I appreciated since I was a bit of a zombie. Drove out to the cabin in WV and really enjoyed the twisty roads with a more responsive throttle and sharper handling. Will have to get used to the sound of the 3-inch TBE on the highway. We'll see if it changes after a few hundred miles this weekend. Edited by dudemonster

Seems I have been having a little bad luck with a couple leaks on this new build. I had to swap out the new radiator last night due to the end caps seeping and losing some coolant. At least it's a much easier job than the cam seals.

Last weekend, I gave her a pretty good detail. I washed, clay barred and waxed. The front does needs a polish, but I'll save that for another day when I get an orbital machine.

I need to do a good claying as well as some paint correction. I've been following 'Shine Doctor' on instagram and he swears by rotary buffers. I'm sure he has a higher skill bar, but I've got a 7in rotary in the garage I'm about to put to work!

More like what am I doing to my fifth gen right now.... Trying to (finally) swap my summer wheels/tires on and found two cross threaded lug nuts on the first wheel (RF). So pissed! Might have to get out the impact to get them off, they just keep spinning. I’ve never used an impact on this car and I always swap the wheels myself.

So was it from the dealer that swapped the short block last month or the independent shop that balanced the tires over the winter? Guess I’ll know when I try the rear wheels as the dealer would have no reason to touch them.

Edit: all other wheels are fine, just the right front is fubar’d. One of the wheel studs broke off and the other is mangled.

Replaced them myself thanks to YouTube for DIY tips and AutoZone having the studs in stock.

6ae4043de60f0290547a3b276cb697e2.jpg

Edited by NVAKeith

• 2 weeks later...
Installed my $30 junkyard pull lip spoiler over this past weekend. I dremelled off the 4 embedded bolts and put small squares of padding over the nubs, taped off and tucked away the brake light cable, and installed with 3M VHB tape. Since I didn't have to drill for anything, it's completely reversible and can be removed whenever I get around to the Blitzen. Did the line up completely by hand and eye, very pleased with how it came out, and really happy with how it wraps up the rear of the car and the install was fun. :)

jYG6M1s.thumb.jpg.d72f9410eba826dede6bcd4e2eba11f5.jpg

yStt7e6.thumb.jpg.e53c6b289f8d9e392e0f08366524d232.jpg

oTPRpZj.thumb.jpg.6f609102d63d83d8520bb950e95864b2.jpg

dgFy1of.thumb.jpg.8b560c8cf3552392a0a0a55f55d628b9.jpg

YJqmFK8.thumb.jpg.02acf7411f2fedc86e47e77f663de99c.jpg

Uz1jXUa.thumb.jpg.9074936e576f091de913710c1d09116b.jpg

oPAHTej.thumb.jpg.da21d1ced5291363b01a3d99cb00044c.jpg

Edited by Humble Rumble

Installed the sun light sensor countermeasure part, pretty straightforward. Time will tell if it works.

Also replaced my driver side puddle lights and fuse. I knew the fuse was going to be blown because of the lack of waterproofing on the lights, but I found a much more interesting failure. Both lights not only had moisture, but had actual dirt inside the lens (and packed in the connector), and the LED's themselves were broken off the circuit board and were just bouncing around. Neat.

Got my Legacy dyno’d today!

Made 344hp/363tq on pump

381hp/407tq on E85

Yes my legacy is on flex fuel.

And oh yeah, those numbers are both at 18psi of boost!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Got my Legacy dyno’d today!

Made 344hp/363tq on pump

381hp/407tq on E85

Yes my legacy is on flex fuel.

And oh yeah, those numbers are both at 18psi of boost!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's awesome! congrats!

What's your current setup? I couldn't find your build thread...

Driver side window stop working 100%. I checked the fuse (I swapped fuse) with my test light. It’s getting power. I’m guessing the motor regulator is the culprit because the other (3) windows are working from the main driver master switch. I’m on standby to see if any one will be at the shop sometime today so I can start taking the door panel off.

I talked to my wire guy that he had to replace the driver window regulator on a 2015 WRX. Is this a common thing with Subaru?

I drove the car for only the second day (I just bought it yesterday) and I love it!! I haven't added anything yet besides some detailing and headlight restorations. I plan to replace the radio soon, get the windows tinted tomorrow, and possibly down the road more in-depth mods.

Gave a little loving to my filthy exhaust cans and tips over the weekend. Regular coke with 0000 steel wool worked wonders, quick and easy as can be. Looking nearly new except for a few stubborn tar bits.

fTXYaM9.thumb.jpg.73064f4a9495b3e699c312959c052e79.jpg

VNcz0hF.thumb.jpg.f2e99114af63b1a462df1e4fd428ca50.jpg

rcp9fLd.thumb.jpg.67a521b79ca4c6e6b2d35a4d67fd905b.jpg

DPr29YL.thumb.jpg.b291283f48f27e83104f129c04641c7e.jpg

MpvrQ3t.thumb.jpg.df94df511da217ff4e0706700a1ad323.jpg

UpYfcLF.thumb.jpg.f17c0d62bbf67eb1df6638209e6f3df5.jpg

Edited by Humble Rumble