LegacyGT.com

What did you buy for your 5th gen today? - V3

And the only way you fit that FMIC in that limited space was due to the fancy JDM front clip you have? I was thinking of shaving my bumper down to fit my heat exchanger, but didn't think there would be enough rigidity left in it after I ended up getting it in.

Where did you pick up the overlays? They are gonna look awesome!!

FWIW I removed a bunch of my bumper at that lower opening, and I haven't had rigidity issues. Mine doesn't even have that center piece anymore.

EDIT: Come to think of it, the lower grille I added probably aids is rigidity.

That's good to know. I have my heat exchanger mounted up a little higher, but may need to move it lower if the air flow isn't sufficient. I plan on mounting a temp sensor on the output of the intercooler, so I can make sure everything is sweet.

I'm spending the day putting mine back together, again.:)

Purchased these overlays. Really going to change the look of my front clip, I'm excited for everything to come together5872a159e47d72b3e5aa8b45c233ac7c.jpg

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk

Are those Lamin-X?

Discount tire had an extra 10% of purchases for memorial day weekend. Decided on Nitto nt555 g2, 275/35r19. Had good luck with the nitto Motivo I had before, however these will definitely offer more performance. The Goodrich comped I had we're nice too, kinda loud though.

Got an email on wholesaler closeout prices on RockAuto, so took a peek and picked up 2 Dorman TPMS sensors for $30 a piece. The TPMS light is currently going off so good timing. Just need 2 more.

Also will have the safety inspection coming up in July.. should I look to replace the O2 sensor and/or sensors? They have the up and down stream ones on there for not too bad of a price. Car is at 167k :D I plan to get the car serviced in the next month and will just have the shop install and program. I know there is alot of rust under there, and plan on hose clamping some loose heat shields as well.

Are these recon Brembo's? They look like Brembo's. A quick google search says they're for the STi too. Rockauto comes up and listed under STi, but is out of stock.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07H39HT11/ref=ox_sc_saved_title_1?smid=A30XU5Y510T9EB&psc=1

Looks more like knock off Brembos than reconditioned Brembos. even Brembos that are trashed and need to be reconditioned cost more than that.

Are these recon Brembo's? They look like Brembo's. A quick google search says they're for the STi too. Rockauto comes up and listed under STi, but is out of stock.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07H39HT11/ref=ox_sc_saved_title_1?smid=A30XU5Y510T9EB&psc=1

I would stay away.

Not necessarily just for the legacy, but bought some rhino ramps so I can finally get under it. Had to buy a 2x8 board, cut into 2 3ft pieces and 2 1ft pieces in order to pull up onto the 17 degree incline... thanks H&R for the 1.5in drop! :D

I'm finally going to give more love to my Legacy, Its front suspension has been moaning for a while.

Going to order;

From RockAuto.com, front lower control arms [included with ball-joints, should I use these though?]

$90 Shipped

Whiteline W0506 LCA front bushings. Waiting on a NASIOC member to reply back.

SuperPro SPF4865K LCA rear bushings (with 0.5 caster)

$110 Shipped on eBay

I believe auto-part stores will lend you press kit tools, but it might be easier just to run to a repair shop instead.

I'll be listing my old lower control arms up for sale once I swap it all out.

Update:

The SuperPros had a crack in them. So I returned those and ordered again through Cygnus. But of course, have to wait a few more weeks.

Also ended up getting the Whiteline kit on eBay during a Memorial day sale at $37.

The delay is not an inconvenience because my brothers car just broke and I'll have to fix that for him this week instead. Those parts have arrived. (His ac compressor was so shot, that it busted the belt, which also drives the alternator). I'm going to attempt to repair the ac system myself, flush, vacuum and recharge.

Edited by ibr_adam09