LegacyGT.com

Settle for a cheap wagon?

seymourless

-I have underlined the spark notes version of my story....

I have been looking forever for a gt limited sedan 5 speed in any color besides silver or red. I live in Virginia, and am willing to travel but so far every car in my price range looks like its been ragged on its whole life. The other case is that there are a ton of miles on it. My budget cap is 10k, but so far have not seen anything promising. Anything more I would be taking out a loan, which doesn't impress me. I sold my Neon SRT-4 and have been patiently waiting for a car to pop up.

I have the opportunity to buy a 2005 regal blue 5eat wagon limited with 95k miles, one owner, and the timing belt/water pump has been replaced. I looked at it yesterday and it was extremely well taken care of, for $8,000.

My rationale is that I am getting a car that I know has been taken care of (with receipts), I like the color, and I am saving money that I can drop on a tune and some goodies with cash still left over.

From owners of either side (wagon, sedan, 5eat, manual) is this a good compromise? My other factor is I have a 5 speed Wrangler to get my clutch fixes on if this car becomes mine. Thanks in advance!

• Moderators
Pretty good price, IMO. And wagon > sedan. The 5EAT thing is a bit of a bummer, only you can decide if that's going to drive you nuts or not. There are some options for strengthening the 5EAT to handle mods, so that shouldn't be a big issue (look up the Hexmods Valve Body mod).

"Bullet-proof" your OEM TMIC! <<Buy your kit here>>

Not currently in stock :(

Pretty good price, IMO. And wagon > sedan. The 5EAT thing is a bit of a bummer, only you can decide if that's going to drive you nuts or not. There are some options for strengthening the 5EAT to handle mods, so that shouldn't be a big issue (look up the Hexmods Valve Body mod).

Yea I think it would suck if I did not have another manual to drive, but I do like how sport mode shifts. Also it looks like the 5eat can handle more power vs having to get a beefier clutch for a manual. Just a big change going from the SRT-4 to a Wagon haha...but it is quick!

Archived