LegacyGT.com

Legacy Spec B takes on the Best, and Wins!!

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply
awesome. I have a question though. Did none of the other cars get up to 120? Is that what the chart is telling me? They must have ruined drove that spec.B really hard to those 0-60 and 1/4 mile times.:icon_surp

They probably didn't have enough room to run the other cars to 120 mph. And I'm with you, they must have abused that Spec-B something fierce! :lol:

Hmmmm...well funny thing is, I just picked up the last issue of SPEED, which I believe is part of Road and Track, and they pitted the Spec B with the Mazdaspeed and the A4 and the Mazdaspeed came out on top with the Spec B in second.

Unfortunately, I don't have a scanner.

very good news but obviously some bias. i can't believe they got those quarter mile times and 0-60.

The funny part is they did it running CA 91 octane which the authors claim may have made the Mazda run crappy. :confused:

Were the 1/4 mile tests were run on the same "gritty sandpaper" surface or were they conducted at a different location.

:confused:

That article stinks.

I also found it interesting that the LGT is right on par in braking performance with the other cars. This disproves all of the people who complain about our "crappy brakes".

If you get on the brakes in the LGT, the car WILL stop very quickly. Our brakes just aren't over-assisted like many other cars.

Well great. Now I have to wait impatiently for my magazine to arrive in the mail. Grrrrr, I hate waiting. It should be a very interesting article, fodder for many forum enthusiasts to whine, bitch and/or crow over depending on which car it is they drive. I'm really interested to read their impressions of the LGT and see how they mesh with what mine are (beyond it being an awesome car of course).

Matter of fact I gotta look up the Mazdaspeed forums I perused a while back......that outta be really fun to see the bitching. And for what it's worth, from what I've read, there is a rather marked performance penalty for the Mazda when not using 93 octane. That to me is just foolish for Mazda to do, as there's plenty of places in the country where one can't even get 93 octane! My guess is that the next model year of that car will be revised to adress what I see as a huge shortcoming. Maybe better cooling on the IC so they can run the higher boost on lower octane?

Oh, and I imagine all the people on this board that, when discussing other perceived slights to the LGT in recent auto mag articles, talked about "advertiser bias" and "buying reviews" because the LGT didn't win will be back here posting how Subaru must've bought this favorable review and the writers are obviousy biased.......right? :rolleyes:

Oh man... This is gonna get ugly.

http://forum.mazda6club.com/index.php?act=ST&f=18&t=46764&st=15#entry602478

Im laughing at this "13.7." I guess they learned something from nissan and sent in a wringer.

If this MS6 had been making full power it clearly would have done better. Much like if that sad-handling spec b had been stock, it would have fallen further back.

defense mechanisms are cutting in...

This is PRECISELY why I wont buy a mazda. They hype thier product up to be a pot of gold at the end of the rainbow and at the end of you find out its just a bowl of somthing crunchy fruity and magically delicious. I was almost fooled 3x already.

:laugh: I noticed the same thing and posted the same thing in the other thread on this article. I think there's a limiter or something. The Mazda took almost ten seconds to get from 90 to 100. Somethings wrong, or a misprint.

I guess we know what the delay in the release was... and why canada got it a month before the US.

I suspect they were waiting for winter.

I kinda feel bad about it now. Nobody deserves problems from a product they spent so much hard earned money to purchase. Shame on Mazda.

How could they NOT know this was a problem? Mazda America is in Irvine CA for godsakes land of 91 octane and 80 degree weather. I will be willing to bet sombody is gonna loose thier job at Mazda real soon.

Archived