LegacyGT.com

Can't recreate oem white headlights

thunderfox

At this point I've tried 4300K, 5000K, and 6000K. 4300K tints yellow, 5000K is blue, 6000K is REALLY blue. I've tried both Xentec kits and Innovited kits. Any recommendation? I want the same hue as the BRZ HID.

I'll post a few pictures soon.

everything to accomplish that is going to be specific to brand. If you were to buy a 4300k set of HID's from every company and every car that has them each one will have a different hue to them. The main component is the Ballests itself that is where the power comes from so some cars might be at 42.5k or 42.75k but they call it 4300k just because the scale only goes that way. To accomplish that same look as a BRZ you would need to buy im guessing a toyota HID system since most of the parts are from toyota. But anyway to get this done it will cost around $1,000-$2,000 to get that identical look. No aftermarket kit will give same results! Also the HID projector is another problem. Our are for Halogen and the BRZ is made for HID completely different light output altogether.

You'd need to try and modify the projector itself to replicate the OEM BRZ color. The BRZ projectors use a 4300k D4S bulb (Philips or Osram most likely), but they appear bluer due to the color band at the cutoff of the projector. This is why a lot of OEM HID setups look bluer than they are. You can modify your own projectors to get a somewhat similar effect, however it would require opening the housings up which can be an involved process. From there you could either space the projector lens or do a clear lens swap.

I would best recommend TRS's morimoto HID kits, they're the best your gonna get from an aftermarket brand, I work with their products every day.

Archived