LegacyGT.com

luck? or was it for reals?

ok im confused about this whole 1/4 mile thing on a LGT.....so hopefully u guys can help out.........

http://www.ssmoparmuscle.com/speedcomp.htm?NORDERBY=quarter&OORDERBY=make&OORDERDIR=ASC

claims a lgt runs a 14.2 in a 1/4

motortrend says 14.8

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=14763&highlight=1%2F4+mile

one of our own members on the forum has a ticket for him running a 14.5

Also i think i know that a WRX runs a 14.5 or 14.6 ish...... and i beat a WRX .. maybe the wrx was poor launch.....and i admit he was starting to pull up but if i pop it into 3rd i would pull away cuz hes all 1st and 2nd and im 2nd and 3rd....... so i'd appreciate it if someone could help clear out some confusion im dealin w/...

The 14.8 Motortrend Legacy was an auto.

The 5-speed LGT runs low 14's (Road and Track: 14.3, Car and Driver: 14.2). The automatic runs high 14's to low 15's (some members here have clocked low 15's in their automatic LGTs).

Search the "Motorsports" forum on this site.

The legacy GT is significantly faster stock for stock than a stock WRX.

Autoweek Got a 13.95 @97mph out of it

Its not that much heavier and has been consistenly putting down more power on the dyno than a WRX.

I guess I'll poke my head in because I'm curious. For those of you with slips from the strip, are there any adjustments done for altitude/barametric pressure/temperature etc? I'm pretty sure most major car magazines adjust for altitude and temperature when they run 0-60 times.

Also, they abuse the hell out of their cars then hand them back to manufacturer. So I wouldn't be surprised if Chris Walton (the Test Editor at MT) did 4k clutch drops on a LGT.

I have a non-adjusted timeslip of 14.5 @ 93mph. This was a completely stock run with my 5MT with 1100 miles on the odometer.

Track was in Tulsa, conditions were overcast 60ish degrees.

Separately, I don't think the WRX should be underestimated from a stoplight. On the highway though, the Legacy has more displacement, more power and better aerodynamics to boot.

The legacy GT is significantly faster stock for stock than a stock WRX.

Autoweek Got a 13.95 @97mph out of it

Its not that much heavier and has been consistenly putting down more power on the dyno than a WRX.

there have been 1 or 2 members here that have gotten 13.9 out of there stock legacy as well...

but yes, it can't be easy for you clutch.

My stock 5MT LGT ran a best of 14.7@97 on a ~98 deg. day in Ohio.

Granted, that was with my fat a$$ in the seat, but still....

and that it was hot as crap....take your car when its 70s, youll drop about half a second

14.3@98.5 in 80 degrees stock

14.0@101 in high 80s stage 1

13.7@101.5 in mid 90s stage 2

Archived