LegacyGT.com

5th Gen Ownership - Official Random Thoughts Thread - V3

It sucks but sometimes you are better off not dealing with a dishonest seller like that. Since he is willing to lie and be dishonest to make more money, who knows what else he may have lied about with those wheels.

Your correct but found another seller on ebay. I just bought it for a bit more this time this seller did not charged me sales tax like the previous one did and included free shipping from Cali to the D.C. area.

Edited by amusa

PM me your FB name if you're on it and I'll submit a request. There's not a definite number on price yet, but OP ballparked it at $250+

Sorry, not on FB. Never got into it. It's ok, my financial adviser would never approve anyway :).

The driver's side corner of my front bumper that will not just stay fxcking popped in. The tab's not even broken, it just won't stay in and pops out after most drives.

Does anyone know why this happens and how to avoid it? I'm going to be putting a new bumper on mine later this summer and I'd like to never have the problem again.

Mine does it on both sides. I can push it in and hear/feel an audible click, but when I walk out to the car again they are always popped out.

The part the bumper clips into can be replaced. If I were you I'd buy new ones on each side

Does anyone know why this happens and how to avoid it? I'm going to be putting a new bumper on mine later this summer and I'd like to never have the problem again.

Mine does it on both sides. I can push it in and hear/feel an audible click, but when I walk out to the car again they are always popped out.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk

Are you talking about the corner by the headlight or by the wheel? This happened to my headlight corner after I changed the headlights and drove me nuts until I fixed it. I had to reposition the black plastic under the headlight so the clip stuck far enough out to catch the bumper tab.

The corner at the headlight and the fender. It looks fine at the wheel.

Replacing the clip part does sound like a good idea, but I'd hate to spend the ~$50 and it not be fixed.

I have a 2014 left side plastic piece that can be yours for the price of shipping. I picked it up at a scrap yard because I had the same idea.

After pulling the bumper off, I noticed that the clips were still in good shape so I just decided to shim the one that's on there. Didn't have to remove anything. I'm guessing it moved because I overtightened those bolts when remounting the plastic after my headlight swap. Might want to see if you can do the same thing

Just a quick question that I didn't feel was worthy enough of it's own thread. Has anyone changed/removed their oil pan on 2.5i? Mine is superrrr rusty and starting to pit a little bit, so I was planning on replacing it before it got a pin hole in it (which isn't uncommon with Subaru's). Is it as easy as it looks? Just undo the bolts all the way around and remove?

I have a 2014 left side plastic piece that can be yours for the price of shipping. I picked it up at a scrap yard because I had the same idea.

After pulling the bumper off, I noticed that the clips were still in good shape so I just decided to shim the one that's on there. Didn't have to remove anything. I'm guessing it moved because I overtightened those bolts when remounting the plastic after my headlight swap. Might want to see if you can do the same thing

Can you explain some more how you shimmed it please?

I think I'll give that a try. I did remove the headlights to install new bulbs a while ago so I probably just borked it up.

anyone know the inner diameter size of the hose that runs from the bpv ?.. is it the same as the vacuum hose for a boost gauge?

Yes.

I just walked mine in to Ace Hardware and matched it with the stuff on the spool, I don't remember the size.

i had some left over from my boost gauge install and wanted to swap it seeing i'm running the racerx charge pipe and it is apparent now. how ever when I went to change it, I noticed the bpv hose was wider.. but it may be just because its old.

Can you explain some more how you shimmed it please?

I think I'll give that a try. I did remove the headlights to install new bulbs a while ago so I probably just borked it up.

This is the joint between the plastic that wraps around the front, and the piece that the wheel-side corner clips to. You can see part of a finger from the lower piece that slides into the upper piece (in the forward direction). I stuck my shim in between the finger and the edge of the upper piece, so that when I tightened the bolt (pictured) it tightened the shim against the finger. That spaced it out enough for me.

Note: I don't recommend using a butt-splice connector as a shim, but its working.

ETYAm3vet2yJC-tOvb0ZdyISL7jMeYlXXr3ARGxER4X-mjJYopxjappOlXWWgFlc92aLBdBLPgGl_Xb8JyMmM2XdxO8cEiTXLB4O0K2Kl4b4DhsWt8EWxDV7mXLKty4DF8Y93Gy4x4aWkDXFNKM5DtwiJvhAPySa3sy_lpLHcJxKTG_-EKkHhWVq4YzLOCZkLiNBDPoOM3mn8zCsTFe2LlfT18T0mE-UVGkV3bAtu00c3_rWXuPDzZf1Pr1UdSLzVtE2Skvis4itr1VTWGlKi6AXH6Lav6t9DLjwZ3BRvegj674vPCu2-YchfkaO1zPo3XMW4t2hcW43REI2TKYBREjsw_BbqNghvemj_CbiZc7R99QR40fWfNptqSzLmrJq1n0jPnpuRGLCASaKD9LuRGO8M9YfYuFoeXSdAfOlalyFKnuDXkEPJQQnIkESY8vJtv1B22nkguGr3emCYxZw-UD1CyvG3ml9EAzDhbA_1cNBc6MCeEQMlcfTtwExhIi-hyp_fpVp0pvMySTyH-fbHHY0Jnqf8F5XrL8zFJvkfayzN79YHQe-RmaY1cF_aL5qa-taQfOSctqvTQRts0E6OHDBNHAQGTzZKnGSQxjMrKf35PlIKIq3pMi-EXP3a2CGctm5GLhQ2BYkjQ6Zjd6MG1lKnYgIiwoU=w600-h800-no

This is the joint between the plastic that wraps around the front, and the piece that the wheel-side corner clips to. You can see part of a finger from the lower piece that slides into the upper piece (in the forward direction). I stuck my shim in between the finger and the edge of the upper piece, so that when I tightened the bolt (pictured) it tightened the shim against the finger. That spaced it out enough for me.

Note: I don't recommend using a butt-splice connector as a shim, but its working.

ETYAm3vet2yJC-tOvb0ZdyISL7jMeYlXXr3ARGxER4X-mjJYopxjappOlXWWgFlc92aLBdBLPgGl_Xb8JyMmM2XdxO8cEiTXLB4O0K2Kl4b4DhsWt8EWxDV7mXLKty4DF8Y93Gy4x4aWkDXFNKM5DtwiJvhAPySa3sy_lpLHcJxKTG_-EKkHhWVq4YzLOCZkLiNBDPoOM3mn8zCsTFe2LlfT18T0mE-UVGkV3bAtu00c3_rWXuPDzZf1Pr1UdSLzVtE2Skvis4itr1VTWGlKi6AXH6Lav6t9DLjwZ3BRvegj674vPCu2-YchfkaO1zPo3XMW4t2hcW43REI2TKYBREjsw_BbqNghvemj_CbiZc7R99QR40fWfNptqSzLmrJq1n0jPnpuRGLCASaKD9LuRGO8M9YfYuFoeXSdAfOlalyFKnuDXkEPJQQnIkESY8vJtv1B22nkguGr3emCYxZw-UD1CyvG3ml9EAzDhbA_1cNBc6MCeEQMlcfTtwExhIi-hyp_fpVp0pvMySTyH-fbHHY0Jnqf8F5XrL8zFJvkfayzN79YHQe-RmaY1cF_aL5qa-taQfOSctqvTQRts0E6OHDBNHAQGTzZKnGSQxjMrKf35PlIKIq3pMi-EXP3a2CGctm5GLhQ2BYkjQ6Zjd6MG1lKnYgIiwoU=w600-h800-no

Thank you!

And 'whatever is laying around' is exactly my version of a shim too :lol:

https://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/racer-x-itsme-fmic-install-131072p83.html?t=131072&page=83

After seeing this maybe his TMIC for our platform may be going bye bye soon.

I think they went bye bye a long time ago. IIRC about a year ago some guys were asking him to make more and it took him forever to respond and he didn't seem the slightest bit interested.

...we received our Ascent VIN and arrival date today, it should be here on 7/9.

My wife says we need a bigger vehicle once the lease is up on the Crosstrek. So I'm interested on what you think about it.

So Torque Solutions has new(ish) rear LCAs for the '15 WRX. It's been a while since I've seen and LCA talk but IIRC these should work on the 5th gen. Looks like theres is quote a bit more adjustment points vs most other LCAs, look to have 6 different shock mounting points and both inner and outer adjustments.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BkYeOHVBfYq/?utm_source=ig_share_sheet&igshid=97hwqu0nyygw