LegacyGT.com

5th Gen Ownership - Official Random Thoughts Thread - V3

Not sure I understand.

sorry.. I mis read that.. I'm not sure, will the iag fuel lines allow me to do it? or are other pieces I need? I'll be bringing it to a shop to install so I was just going to have them install parallel... don't think I'll need it yet, but may as well do it now.

Think of it this way a parallel fuel system will equalize the pressure across all the injectors verse the factory, the ECU if I remember right, has to correct that pressure difference. Parallel is basically equalizing the fuel pressure all across.

I know car would need some adjustments with the ECU fuel tables from a tuner if you decide to do that. Bring it up and see how they feel about it

Think of it this way a parallel fuel system will equalize the pressure across all the injectors verse the factory, the ECU if I remember right, has to correct that pressure difference. Parallel is basically equalizing the fuel pressure all across.

I know car would need some adjustments with the ECU fuel tables from a tuner if you decide to do that. Bring it up and see how they feel about it

hardware wise ot looks like all i'll need is the regulator and a V-fitting.

where do i jack, when im installing the engine mount? turbo oil pan? headers?
You don't really need to jack. It's more support. I think I just put a block of wood between the jack and headers and went up just enough to see the block of wood get pinched tight. The engine never really moved.

...kid #4 arrived early this morning and now the little people numbers in the house are evened up, 2-boys and 2-girls. Mom and our new little lady are both doing well, now I just need that Ascent to arrive :lol:

Boost target, boost, boost error. Easiest thing to do is perform the boost leak test. basically remove the air filter box, plug the intake pipe, and blow into the boost reference line off the bpv. When you get a good long breath into the system plug it hold for a few seconds and see if there is still pressure when you release it. If there is, no issues. If there is not, the hunt is on for the leak.

I've been in Nashville the last couple of days. Doing some tourist type stuff and just relaxing/drinking lol.

Very nice looking city. The Country Music HOF was super cool, and the Jack Daniel's distillery tour in Lynchburg was great.

Off to Shreveport, LA for the weekend next. Crawfish festival over the weekend, and then wrapping up in Nashville early next week.

I've been in Nashville the last couple of days. Doing some tourist type stuff and just relaxing/drinking lol.

Very nice looking city. The Country Music HOF was super cool, and the Jack Daniel's distillery tour in Lynchburg was great.

Off to Shreveport, LA for the weekend next. Crawfish festival over the weekend, and then wrapping up in Nashville early next week.

You know.... if you wander down to Houston you can meet up with me and Zee! Or... if you give a time table we could meet you.....

You know.... if you wander down to Houston you can meet up with me and Zee! Or... if you give a time table we could meet you.....

This weekend UP is cutting over the new bridge we went to a couple weeks ago south of Houston. I'm not going to this one since I went to the last install. My boss gets to spend Memorial Day Weekend at this job site.

I won't have time this trip but I was tempted. I have a cousin that lives in Houston that I haven't seen in forever. He has a supercharged Camaro and a 68 Mustang.

This weekend UP is cutting over the new bridge we went to a couple weeks ago south of Houston. I'm not going to this one since I went to the last install. My boss gets to spend Memorial Day Weekend at this job site.
Do you work for UP? Or an outside contractor?

So it looks like I somehow messed up my cv boot when changing my wheel bearing. It looks perfectly fine but there's grease everywhere.

Does that mean whole new axle or should I try the "Shaft and joint kit" (28391AJ011)?

Other wheel bearing doesn't feel great either. There goes the rest of my mod money...

Edited by coco26

if one of the bands is just broken/damaged, but the boot is fine, you could probably just reband it so that it seals. (might want to repack it with grease, though)