LegacyGT.com

5th Gen Ownership - Official Random Thoughts Thread - V3

This one car I admire locally. Of course "just" an mr2 that started as the guys daily long ago then progressively evolved and evolved. Races it quite frequently down in salt lake City. Cool little ride now2fa8e669b1cf6e526d0f43d6974dc14a.jpg

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

I've decided I'm going to start assembling a picture compendium/general FAQ for body kits available for the 5th gen, both OEM and aftermarket. I realized we don't really have anything like that (we have the Exterior Mods thread, but that's more of a general thread and the info is a bit scattered) and I think it would be a good resource if not just for information and history keeping.

On this note, got pictures for Liberal, S-Craft, Syms, Corazon A-C, and Corazon D-E compiled and sorted nicely (Corazon was a f*cking TASK, so many variations). Still have DAMD, Gialla, K2Gear, Rowen, and OEM kits to do tomorrow. Post will be a big one, but I think it will be sticky-worthy.

On this note, got pictures for Liberal, S-Craft, Syms, Corazon A-C, and Corazon D-E compiled and sorted nicely (Corazon was a f*cking TASK, so many variations). Still have DAMD, Gialla, K2Gear, Rowen, and OEM kits to do tomorrow. Post will be a big one, but I think it will be sticky-worthy.

Gialla compiled, actually managed to dig higher quality pictures out of Minkara too (all the pictures on Gialla's site are 300x200). But Jesus, I thought Corazon was a task to compile, Rowen is going to be a damn nightmare. They have the Rowen A-C kit, the Rowen D-E kit, the Rowen RR A-C kit, the Rowen RR D-E kit, AND BM & BR variations of all of them. :spin:

Gialla compiled, actually managed to dig higher quality pictures out of Minkara too (all the pictures on Gialla's site are 300x200). But Jesus, I thought Corazon was a task to compile, Rowen is going to be a damn nightmare. They have the Rowen A-C kit, the Rowen D-E kit, the Rowen RR A-C kit, the Rowen RR D-E kit, AND BM & BR variations of all of them. :spin:

That should definitely be a sticky with all the effort you are putting into it. ;)

anyone know if our wheel studs can be changed without removing anything... for example I know some cars have a void where you can back out the stud and install a new one.

I repalce all 20 wheels studs due the prior owner cutting them down. You have to pull the rotor and caliper brackets off for both front and rear.

I repalce all 20 wheels studs due the prior owner cutting them down. You have to pull the rotor and caliper brackets off for both front and rear.

yup for sure the caliper and rotor... sorry should have said that in my op...

I need to install extended studs and was wondering if anybody has done this?

Had hella fun hooning around town during the snow storm last weekend, but didn't notice until today that I knocked out a fog light and cracked bumper cover.....

Time for a 13-14 front end conversion?

Rather interesting article (credit: Sgt. Gator of the 'Colonel Red Racing 2005 STI Race Car' thread):

http://www.enginelabs.com/engine-tech/dyno-testing/big-fuel-test-part-5-e85-versus-winner-crowned/

Interesting, I would have expected to see E85 to have better results than 93 & MI, based on how I have seen everyone fawning over E85. I was getting jealous of those who lived in states where E85 is readily available. I would have expected C16 to fair better as well considering how expensive it is.

Yeah, I read that as well. that GrimmSpeed TMIC has an 1/8" NPT port on the throttle body side specifically for WMI, and that article is making it more and more tempting to put it to good use...

Nah, keep her true to her early production run roots.

As much as I like the 13-14 front end, I think the 10-12 one flows better with the USDM lines of the hood, fenders, etc.

I do like the 10-12 front, but a 13-14 front end on a GT is a beautiful thing.

82HbeG3.png

P1KGFpw.png

Yeah, I read that as well. that GrimmSpeed TMIC has an 1/8" NPT port on the throttle body side specifically for WMI, and that article is making it more and more tempting to put it to good use...
You're not the only one that's had that thought. :wink:

I do like the 10-12 front, but a 13-14 front end on a GT is a beautiful thing.
True true although different strokes for...

I most liked the way this RRP LGT looked before with the old front end and before the colorcoded lip or as Rudolph the rednosed raindeer with the pom over the emblem, years ago.

If you like the post facelift and hood scoop look, google for some 2014 Legacy LGTs/DITs imported to Peru from Japan and Australasia. The non-USDM post-facelift flows and looks even better. There was even one on here (in silver) a few years back... briefly.

Edited by Perscitus

1st night in the new place 5 days after closing! Was able to move 90% of our stuff yesterday in 2 trips. But this is all after a new hvac unit that set us back ~$4k. Damn inspector screwed us there. Unfortunately I wasn't able to follow up after the inspection was done due to work, and sure enough day 1 we find out it's not working right and then on Monday had a pro come check it out and the compressor was shot. But we did get the house for almost $30k under the appraisal value so we expected more things to be wrong *knock on wood*. Now to paint, I know should have before moving in but her mom wants to pay a professional painter, and honestly that's fine with me.

P1KGFpw.png

Stock, I like the 2010-2012 grill better than 2013-2014. I like the facelift headlights and bumper cover better.

If I was going to an aftermarket grill, what Gary did would be perfect. (I also like how he painted the grill surround body color as well.)

Cool beans! Guess that road force balance last month didnt help.

Just about a year into owning the 2010 after last owner, right?

The CPO thread got long fast too, glad you pulled the trigger on it.

Hope you can also inject some tact and common sense into the 6th gen community

(if we can even call them that). Right now they have a large deficit of both.

Edited by Perscitus

Cool beans! Guess that road force balance last month didnt help.

Just about a year into owning the 2010 after last owner, right?

The CPO thread got long fast too, glad you pulled the trigger on it.

Hope you can also inject some tact and common sense into the 6th gen community

(if we can even call them that). Right now they have a large deficit of both.

thanks. the dealer took care of me and got the remote start removed. the road force didn't help. so aside from the shimmy, the rust on the inside of the trunk and the timing chain cover oil leak. it was a solid car, just not for me.

So just a heads up to everyone, if you haven't ever replaced your PCV valve it may be a good idea to do it. My rear main seal went out over the weekend and according to my mechanic if your PCV valve fails it can cause pressure to build to up and seals to fail. Unfortunately in my case it chose to come out of the rear main, but who knows maybe it could have been prevented by replacing a $14 PCV valve. (part # 11810AA090)

Is the part number the same for both LGT PCV valves as the N/A 2.5 engines? Please let me know.

Thank you in advance

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk