LegacyGT.com

5th Gen Ownership - Official Random Thoughts Thread - V3

I asked. Prob is that the roof and bumpers (that will not be painted as there was no damage) would need to be done as well to match whatever I went with - which would have been a bit of cost to me @ $1000 (front bumper would require some buffing out all the chips). So its the stock color again. Which is alright...Once I went black, I won't go back! [emoji38] I can always wrap it later!
I went through hail damage last year took them 8 weeks and $9500 to pull all the dents.

The she went away shortly after for 8 weeks for the build.

I feel your pain !

I've been trying to track down a heatshield rattle on my 2.5i, but cant seem to find it, though it does look like most of the bolts are somewhat corroded. How easy would it be to remove the exhaust manifold from the car to be able to remove the shields easily? Also, could I just use high temp exhaust paint in place of the heatshield and reinstall the exhaust?

Early Spring weekend? Join us for an inner-city fund raiser!!!

Local government employee mortgage and 'luxury' vehicle donations most welcome!

Infra repair? Nah, thats so 1920-1950s. We dont do that no more.

20180407_125635.thumb.jpg.25f5a0fe434a6003d825ef2b326964af.jpg

Edited by Perscitus

Today my son qualified 0.16 faster than he ever has before with a 7.255. Only 2 of the 10 other cars qualified faster. We spent some time this morning watching other cars and times, and discussing the racing line. It paid off. The fastest guy is only 0.08 faster than us.

8514dbfa983d267884ca39af2e3f4546.jpg

That is freaking nuts!

They'd better hope they start doing infrastructure repair again, one medium-sized pothole would be enough to break the bead on those tires. Guess that explains why they're parked so far from the curb...

Are those parking tickets??? :eek:

It is snowing right now. On April 9th. I cleared like 2 inches of snow off my car this morning. By Thursday, it will be in the 70s. By sunday, it'll be back in the 30s. This week's weather may actually kill me.

In other news, work is catering pizza today! :)

So Saturday night my buddy parks his fleet 2018 Subaru Legacy behind mine and comments that he wishes he had a trunk spoiler and brake light. I hit the brake and he notices that it didn't light up. Sure enough I prop my snow brush on the brake pedal and it doesn't light up.

So it appears I've had my spoiler brake light out the whole time I've had the car lol. I took down the carpeting and the light wasn't plugged in all the way. Wasn't snapped together but it works great now.

So Saturday night my buddy parks his fleet 2018 Subaru Legacy behind mine and comments that he wishes he had a trunk spoiler and brake light. I hit the brake and he notices that it didn't light up. Sure enough I prop my snow brush on the brake pedal and it doesn't light up.

So it appears I've had my spoiler brake light out the whole time I've had the car lol. I took down the carpeting and the light wasn't plugged in all the way. Wasn't snapped together but it works great now.

Gotta love easy no-brainer fixes. I thought I was having rattle in my new suspension the other day, and I eventually figured out it was a stubby screwdriver in my glove box, bouncing on the plastic box my wheel locks are in. :lol:

Gotta love easy no-brainer fixes. I thought I was having rattle in my new suspension the other day, and I eventually figured out it was a stubby screwdriver in my glove box, bouncing on the plastic box my wheel locks are in. :lol:

I had a loose rattle that I thought was a heat shield, and when rotating the tires I noticed it was the brake dust shield. It was almost touching the rotor and would rattle against it when I hit bumps. Easy fix.

Found it!!!

I have posted on here a few times that I have seen a couple of 5th Gen Legacy wagons around town :) So today I had to go to my doctors appointment and look what I found near his office.

It is not a 5th Gen LGT wagon (Thought it was a 5th Gen at first glance)....looks to be a Limited due to the leather and the trim levels....can't tell what year.... different grill and wheels. Nicely modded with exhaust, wheels, front lip spoiler, side moldings etc and appears to be lowered a bit....also it is a 5EAT and is RHD so not from Asia....sweet ride and in my favourite color. I am not generally a wagon fan, but I could definitely handle driving this one :wub::wub:

Didn't notice the roof rails until I posted the pics..... anyone know if they were standard on the LGT wagons around the world?

SlSqplZ.jpg

Wq0KuvA.jpg

yJEp5ce.jpg

CE3cboL.jpg

Edited by Scooby Fan

That's 4th gen wagon though Scoobs. :( Standard North American model, they were available in full 2.5GT trim with 5EAT as well.
They were available in 5mt or 5eat in 2005 I believe and only available for a couple years. Maybe just 2005 i don't recall.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

That one in his pic is an 08 or 09, facelift front end. Unless they did a full facelift conversion, which seems unlikely since unlike ours it requires headlights, fenders, and hood too.

It would be a 2008, because Canada discontinued the wagon in 2009.

Funny because I was looking at Legacy wagons earlier and contemplating that for a second car, haha. I'm really wanting a wagon.

Ladies and gents, it's almost official official. We get the keys to the house tomorrow. We don't move until Saturday but prepping, painting, moving a few things over until then.

What do the enablers have for garage goodies? Already planning on purchasing 4 LED fixtures to replace the old fluorescent ones. I need to get a foam cannon so I can do a proper wash since we're gonna be in the high 60's next week.

When you have a wagon you'll realize the practically for everyday use. Literally throw anything in the back and go for it.

Dressers, lawnmowers, ladders, dog kennel, storage bins, cases of water, tires...I could go on and on

...they make trucks for that purpose too though but not as fun for a daily

When you have a wagon you'll realize the practically for everyday use. Literally throw anything in the back and go for it.

Dressers, lawnmowers, ladders, dog kennel, storage bins, cases of water, tires...I could go on and on

...they make trucks for that purpose too though but not as fun for a daily

100% they're the ideal daily. i miss the crap out of mine, so i'm constantly keeping an eye out for a cheap 3rd gen 5 speed that needs head gaskets, just like my old one...