Official: Utah Chat Thread - VOL 2

Hops

• Replies 678
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

And now I’m looking for an Outback XT to replace the ‘98. I just want all the Legacys. :lol:

Moonbeam is selling a 05 manual ltd XT, SWP main color and the grey body tones. Black interior too. $6,500 with 65k miles on drivetrain and 180k on body. Engine work was done by a Subaru tech I guess too.

Mods:

SPT intake, 3" Mishimoto inlet, VF52, Mishimoto top mount, Mishimoto radiator, Invidia catless dp, Walter 3" catback with straight through Magnaflow muffler. Tein Flex Z coilovers, Whiteline rear control/camber arms. 2015 STI limited wheels, ISC 25mm adapters, slotted front rotors.

Looks pretty clean, if I didn't have mine i'd consider looking at buying it.

Just looked at that Outback online. Looks clean and the price is nice. Might go check it out this weekend.

It does look like it's been done well, I just saw it on Facebook the other day. Tell Trevor or Brody that I told you about it, maybe they do finder fees/rewards lol.

Got the GRP wagon in the garage getting lots of work done to make it the ultimate daily driver.

Removed all the old heat wrap off the header and uppipe and replaced all the gaskets. Turns out this car has a Tomei equal length header! I also purchased a Cobb catted downpipe to replace the catless Perrin downpipe (which is now up for sale!).

I'm also taking out the digital boost gauge in the cubby (also up for sale). I really don't care what my boost is as long as the car is boosting! I just want to be able to use my cubby.

Also replacing blown Bilsteins with some fresh Bilsteins from DocHolladay's Spec B.

Next up is stereo system... ordered a steering wheel with buttons and I'll be replacing the head unit with the jdm double-din unit. Custom sub box will be next!

Forgot to mention I finalized the deal out the outback. Of course Chad you know I've always wanted a grp Wagon. Looking for years and being picky figured this was the next best option and not worry so much about another boosted car.

Took about 3 months to find what I wanted. Just so happened to buy it on my birthday. 52k on the clock, 3.0, LL Bean with every option.4454b527cf1bb17d82256bb29186ce06.jpg

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Thank you. It does not, however I had purchased a the underseat oem sun from a member here and harness a while back and put that I my 05. World of difference with just that little guy. Already pulled it out and planning on placing it inside of this to hold me over for awhile.

That link you shared looks really clean and refind. Appears that is designed strictly for JL though? Or am I missing something

That’s a nice find!

I found a custom box for the wagon:

https://www.wickedcas.com/subaru---05-09-legacy--gt-wagon-1x10--sub-box-subwoofer-enclosure-.html

Does that LL Bean have the stock sub in the same spot?

I was considering building a fiberglass version of this when I was more into car audio. I still have my huge box, amps, two 10's. I just never bit the bullet on the JDM double din.

Only thing making me want to upgrade right now is my right driver side speaker is clipping. But I just got used to it lol.

Just realized this is my 1,000th post lol.

Edited by Blue Shark

Since we were on the topic of that box I went into a local audio shop. I can get some focal components for the front, focal 6.5s for the rear. That box with a Memphis sub, Memphis 5channel amp. Installed for about 800$ ...it's either that or an exhaust

Ya I'd upgrade the 08.I thought that price was pretty fair too. Local shop is doing some blowout deals since CES show was a few weeks back so normally that would be 250-400$ more.

Recently heard a blitz nurspec and it was lovely with a set of headers. I'd love to find some Perrin canisters, since that's what's on my 10'gt has a good, throaty, but sporty sound.