LegacyGT.com

5th Gen GT Finds

Not sure what to think here...if there's a hint of BS or he's telling the truth. Never seen or heard of the car before, never appeared at any shows or brought up in convo.

Deadrick? MilkCRATE? Ellesedil?? Fischbach?..any of you heard about this one before?

2010 Subaru legacy gt -

http://wenatchee.craigslist.org/cto/5750177602.html

Haven't heard of it, but it doesn't look like it's done yet.

I'm seeing crazy numbers ($18k) for 6 year old cars with 90k miles. Are these cars holding there value that well?

My car will be heading to eBay, auto trader, etc. in a few weeks.

Q: My car is garage kept with 26,000 miles and never seen the snow. Can I ask $23,000 plus for this showroom example?

Edited by JeffK1320

'07 Forester STI (ECS Performance)..SOLD!

'09 Spec B...Sold!

'11 LGT Limited...Sold!

'17 STI Limited

To be honest, 23k for an '11 might be pushing it a bit, but I would think that 20k maybe 21k isn't completely out of the question. To compare, I picked up my '12 3.6R with 36k miles on it for 16.9k, but I also had an in with the dealership and they gave it to me for $100 above their cost. I believe it was listed for mid 18k prior to that. And mine is a factory order base model with a couple options. I would think a lower mileage GT Limited could pull a fair bit more.

I'm seeing crazy numbers ($18k) for 6 year old cars with 90k miles. Are these cars holding there value that well?

My car will be heading to eBay, auto trader, etc. next week.

Q: My car is garage kept with 26,000 miles and never seen the snow. Can I ask $23,000 plus for this showroom example?

Sold my '12 LGT with 42k miles in April for 22.5k. Guy came from Michigan to get it.

"potential" 600 on e85 ... Maybeeeee capable of it but not with our itty bitty turbo

He's got a tomioka 20g...which according to tomioka is around 400 hp probably crank though. Doesn't mention an upgraded manifold so had to be a vf54 which will not make 600 hp in this world we call reality anyway...Internet horsepower though! Lol.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Just remember when reading adds - asking crazy numbers is different than getting crazy numbers! I'd agree that $21k is probably closer to the mark. Lots of folks try to capitalize on the rarity of the 5th gen GT, it seems - problem is, Subaru isn't really a collector car, so rarity doesn't really give you a whole lot (I think the harder thing is that most folks wanting a family sedan sized vehicle aren't looking for a 6spd, which is probably a big factor contributing to the rarity...) - that being said, given how low miles the car is (it's almost new!) if the right buyer is looking, there aren't a whole lot of low mileage GTs out there for sale - you might get your $23k - I'd list it and see what happens (unless you need it gone ASAP)

I don't think owners are getting $18k for the 90k mile 2010 models at least on private sales.

This one has 91k mile asking $14k says he has gotten no bites.

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/ny-2010-legacy-gt-limited-black-w-tan-leather-255275.html

This is one looks really clean with 86K miles and asking $17.5k and has been for sale for 4 months.

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/pgh-pa-2010-legacy-gt-252267.html

Their are 2 other on the forum with around 115k miles, one $14k, the other $12.5K with a rebuilt motor. They all seem reasonable priced and none of them have huge red flags, but they don't seem to be selling quickly.

Their has been a 105k mile 2011 for 16.8k at a dealer for months as well.

At least according to NADA, their is about a $2500 difference between the 2010, 2011, and 2012 model years. NADA has your car ~23k at Dealer pricing, which I usually expect to get a little less through a private sale.

Honestly, you can ask what you want. it does seem like the lower mile examples sell quicker.

Lots of folks try to capitalize on the rarity of the 5th gen GT, it seems - problem is, Subaru isn't really a collector car, so rarity doesn't really give you a whole lot

I also think another issue is that many people don't realize 5th Legacy GT exist, that includes most of my gear head friends.

To be honest, 23k for an '11 might be pushing it a bit, but I would think that 20k maybe 21k isn't completely out of the question. To compare, I picked up my '12 3.6R with 36k miles on it for 16.9k, but I also had an in with the dealership and they gave it to me for $100 above their cost. I believe it was listed for mid 18k prior to that. And mine is a factory order base model with a couple options. I would think a lower mileage GT Limited could pull a fair bit more.

I paid $24.5K for my '11 Limited with 49K mi, but that was almost two years ago now. I never felt like I was getting a screaming deal, I just really wanted the car. A lot. When I was searching I only found 4 GTs within a reasonable distance and all of them were north of $22K. Now it seems there are more for sale popping up more often.

• 2 weeks later...

I paid $24.5K for my '11 Limited with 49K mi, but that was almost two years ago now. I never felt like I was getting a screaming deal, I just really wanted the car. A lot. When I was searching I only found 4 GTs within a reasonable distance and all of them were north of $22K. Now it seems there are more for sale popping up more often.

Well my '11 GT is now on EBay.

Thanks,

Jeff K.

'07 Forester STI (ECS Performance)..SOLD!

'09 Spec B...Sold!

'11 LGT Limited...Sold!

'17 STI Limited

Someone is a moron...half of all clean title cars have been in major accidents...wtf someone needs a statistics class. Heck half the cars in the junkyard haven't been in major crashes much less the ones driving around on the roads...what is wrong with some people.

Otherwise a very clean car, but no way insurance is gonna want to cover that at book value.

I'm pretty sure this car is the one that everyone freaked out about price on Craigslist. Because the owner was asking $25k for it. That was on the Facebook page back in February.

Edited by MilkCRATE