LegacyGT.com

Process West WRX Verticooler installation

Can you get a pic, looking directly down, from over top of the Turbosmart Kompact BPV please? And maybe a quick eyeball measurement to any items that are close to the BPV. I realize that it will be an inch or two farther toward the firewall, because you extended the tubing segments, than it would be with a stock location TMIC. Edited by GTEASER

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Shouldn't be more than an inch, I wouldn't think. Only looked to be an inch difference between the OEM and PW inlets relative to the firewall, and you should gain a little back with the jog in the Perrin coupler. A picture is definitely worth a thousand words, though.

Here is a pic from overhead. It fits, but not by much. As I am pretty sure you can see in the pic that there is less than a half inch anywhere. I actually had to bend the closest brake line up a tad(mind you I am talking about an eighth of an inch) otherwise there was some vibration under acceleration. It does fit for sure though.

http://i1378.photobucket.com/albums/ah113/BBPeik/20160804_180018_zpsvjk48j7u.jpg

• 10 months later...
  • 2 years later...
Well I just got home from my first day out in the world driving since the install. It was well over 100 on my drive home and it ran great. Overall the car just feels a lot happier. Runs much smoother in all driving situations. I expected some DAM correction today simply because of the heat, but instead DAM FNC and FNL all stayed right at zero. Vry happy with the install and would highly recommend this product. Of course tuning will tell for sure, but I expect good things there too.

Bro.... I'm very interested in hearing about the aftermath; #tune and what you were able to achieve with this intercooler.

Keep me posted, thanks.

Well I just got home from my first day out in the world driving since the install. It was well over 100 on my drive home and it ran great. Overall the car just feels a lot happier. Runs much smoother in all driving situations. I expected some DAM correction today simply because of the heat, but instead DAM FNC and FNL all stayed right at zero. Vry happy with the install and would highly recommend this product. Of course tuning will tell for sure, but I expect good things there too.

Bro.... I'm very interested in hearing about the aftermath; #tune and what you were able to achieve with this intercooler.

Keep me posted, thanks.

• 7 months later...
Yes it's for sale in the classifieds. Thanks Joe for the bump.

As far as the verticooler goes. Fits and works great. Rubs the firewall a bit with the Sri trans, but no real complaints. Worthwhile upgrade for sure.

Pleasant good evening bro... is it possible for you to inform me about what gains were achieved by installing the Verticooler TMIC. I also have purchase a verticooler and I'll be installing same next month and as such...I would love to know about the HP & Torque gains.