LegacyGT.com

"Bullet Proof" TMIC Kits

• Moderators
Got my kit (don't know when, but I just got back to the office today). Everything looks nice. Simple idea, but hard without the right equipment. Especially to groove the channels. I'm glad I didn't waste any of my time because I would have wasted a solid day getting anything together as clean and smooth as what came in the mail.

I'm wondering why the groove cut into the 1/2 short channel is wider than the groove cut into the 3/8 long channels though? Is it just for installation tolerances? I didn't see how it would have made production any easier since it required two runs with whatever bit was used to create the groove.

Thanks for the review there--I think this kit saves most people time and provides a very high quality set of pieces needed for installation. The groove is wider on the short channel simply due to a mistake made by the shop on the first run--they offset the groove as I requested, but they did it to the wrong side. Instead of scrapping that material and pushing the initial delivery farther out I had them widen the groove. It does provide some installation tolerance, but more importantly the function is still exactly the same. Future runs will likely have a thinner groove.

I installed the kit and like it very much. However, I broke the first metal zip tie while trying to install it with the recommended tool by overtightening it. Good thing an extra one was included!

I installed the remaining two zip ties, but they are loose enough where they can be slipped off if moved to the side.

Also, I am curious as to why the one short piece is only needed in the front passenger side location...

Yeah, I include an extra zip tie with every kit for a reason! There's a bit of a learning curve for using them successfully, but once they are on there good they aren't going anywhere. It sounds like your ties are looser than they should be. If you are using a banding tool and you "set" the lock with a punch/hammer there should be basically zero slack in the ties. If you want additional ties just pm me and I can send you additional ties (I charge $1 for each additional tie and $2 for shipping, FYI).

The short piece is located at the corner of the TMIC that sees the most pressure. I've installed half a dozen or so kits now, and I consistently see a tiny bit of separation at that corner. I rarely see much movement elsewhere on the TMIC. That corner is where most endtank separation BEGINS, so it get a bit of extra love.

^I did the exact same thing lol. Mine are on a little tighter than that though

Sounds like your install is fine, but similar to above if you want a couple extra ties just let me know.

"Bullet-proof" your OEM TMIC! <<Buy your kit here>>

Not currently in stock :(

• Replies 808
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Moderators
Also, update for getting kits back in stock: I should be stopping by the shop next week and assuming a similar turn around time I'll have things back up and running in a couple of weeks. If you are looking to get a kit, let me know and I'll start up another list!

Yeah, I include an extra zip tie with every kit for a reason! There's a bit of a learning curve for using them successfully, but once they are on there good they aren't going anywhere. It sounds like your ties are looser than they should be. If you are using a banding tool and you "set" the lock with a punch/hammer there should be basically zero slack in the ties. If you want additional ties just pm me and I can send you additional ties.

Ah, I didn't catch the part where you are supposed to "set" the lock. Are you just supposed to push the tab that retains the ball in further?

Any way I could just get the McMaster part # for the ties from you? I have to put in orders to them for work at least once a week and have an account with them.

• Moderators
Ah, I didn't catch the part where you are supposed to "set" the lock. Are you just supposed to push the tab that retains the ball in further?

Any way I could just get the McMaster part # for the ties from you? I have to put in orders to them for work at least once a week and have an account with them.

For "setting" the locks on the ties, see this video:

http://i934.photobucket.com/albums/ad187/BarManBean/th_DSC_0007.jpg

Please ignore the baby noises :) Basically use a flathead screwdriver and a hammer and deform the locking mechanism--there's a little ball in there that will then lock in place.

McMaster part number is 6898K66. If you have an account with them you *might* be able to get them cheaper--if not, just let me know.

• Moderators

New material is in the car and should be going to the shop today unless something pops up at work--kits should be back in stock very soon!

I'm thinking about doing something fun this time around. The other runs have involved a good group of "pre-purchases", this one not so much. So let's change that!

I'm gonna try a give-away of sorts. If you would like to pre-order a kit yours will obviously be shipped out ASAP and you'll also get a chance at getting your kit for FREE! If I have 7 orders prior to picking up the material from the shop I'll give 1 kit away. If I get another 5 orders after that an additional someone will get their kit at 50% off. If the numbers go past that I'll have to keep adding in fun prizes of some sort.

Note: no refunds on pre-order payments unless the kit is faulty in some way--sorry, but you can't get in on the drawing and then back out :(

Contact me at bptmic@gmail.com for any pre-order info/questions!

• Moderators
Sounds cool man, good incentive

Dave

Should be fun :)

Just dropped everything off at the shop, they should have everything ready to go towards the end of next week so that gives approximately 10 days or so to take pre-orders for those interested. Given that timeline, I'll likely fulfill any orders on that weekend and get everything out on Saturday/Monday.

• Moderators

Got a call from the shop yesterday--lookin like I'll definitely be shipping kits by next weekend, possibly earlier. Orders placed by Friday will still qualify for the preorder giveaway, 7 is the magic number (3 sold so far!)

I have no computer access until Tuesday, and will update the list and any other details then.

• I Donated
Got a call from the shop yesterday--lookin like I'll definitely be shipping kits by next weekend, possibly earlier. Orders placed by Friday will still qualify for the preorder giveaway, 7 is the magic number (3 sold so far!)

I have no computer access until Tuesday, and will update the list and any other details then.

Get tapatalk!

• Moderators
I should really install mine :lol:

Do it, lol.

I picked up the new material from the shop today, all looks good. I'll spend some time cutting / finishing up some kits in the next couple of days and still plan to fulfill current orders on Saturday. Pre-sale "give away" is continuing until the end of Friday :)

• Moderators

Updated List:

1. Tim N *PAID* *SHIPPED*

2. thisheregirafFe *PAID* *SHIPPED*
  3. Bradley M *PAID* *SHIPPED*
  4. Eric H *PAID* *SHIPPED*

4 orders received, 3 more to go until I give one away! Two more days for the "pre-order" and then I'll change it over to just regular ordering as I'll have them in stock and ready to ship.

I've carved out some time Thursday evening to finalize some kits and will be shipping them out on Friday / Saturday.

Edited by BarManBean

• Moderators

Life threw me a bit of a curveball with an unplanned trip to Philly this weekend, but I have everything set up to ship all paid kits out by Saturday. It's reasonable to expect delivery beginning/middle of next week!

Thank you everyone for the orders and for you patience!

• Moderators

Just printed up shipping labels for all orders, everything will be in the mail first up tomorrow morning!

I'm changing the website back to normal ordering, but will still honor any purchases for the giveaway through the end of today if that comes into play.

Bump for a great piece for those upgrading to a vf52/bnr16g and cannot afford an aftermarket tmic for a while.

And also bump for a good vendor :)

Dave

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Providing unmatched customer service and a Premium level of Dyno/E-tuning to the Community

cryotuneperformance@yahoo.com

facebook.com/cryotuneperformance.

• 2 weeks later...