LegacyGT.com

Whiteline fsb broke a control arm...

awdG35killer

past few weeks ive been hearing a loud CLUNK! everytime my car went up a driveway or speedbump/dip.....

tech at suby dealer told me that my drivers side lower control arm broke in half. appearently the bushing slid off where its supposed to be and the bar somehow hit it(?) hard and many times over. he said the sways were really good ones tho lol. cant figure out how it wass hitting the control arm.

i'll take pics of the arm when i get my car back tonight or tomorrow. Could this have been avoided by having better endlinks? mine are stock but he said they are intact.

past few weeks ive been hearing a loud CLUNK! everytime my car went up a driveway or speedbump/dip.....

tech at suby dealer told me that my drivers side lower control arm broke in half. appearently the bushing slid off where its supposed to be and the bar somehow hit it(?) hard and many times over.

Just replaced/upgraded my rear stock rubber bushing in the LCA. Both had major rips on them at only 20,000 miles. They were trashed. We drive gently, if that's possible? Did yours fail?

ive had that...but i spun my car 3 times and landed the passenger side on a curb cracking both passenger side rims...i broke the control arm, and it was replaced, and for some reason im having the same problem that you are expeirnecing right now.

One of us had to do this, so I'll put my neck out here and:

:needpics:

:lol:

I hope this isn't some flaw that will affect us all.

Many Shuvs and Zuuls knew what it was to be roasted in the depths of the Slor that day, I can tell you!

pics up as soon as i get the car back. i get to keep the control arm and i'll talk to the tech fixing it, he said he put the bushing back in place so i dont think that broke.

the past few months i've been driving like granny cuz works been getting me tired hehe, and mostly highway miles

Updates? What dealer did you take it to?

big valley subaru in van nuys

apparently the parts NOT even in yet even tho they told me theyve been working on it since friday. they said it would be ready on saturday and never even called me back so i had to wait til today to talk to the service director who was no help at all and wouldnt even get me a rental car, so i bitched at the service guy for lying to me and got one.

part comes in tomorrow and SOA will be hearing from me about the lame service and service director.

update

well finally got my car back, went in the back to talk to the head tech about it. apparently the small tab looking piece that connects the endlink to the LCA just snapped off. the stock endlinks are pretty strong i guess lol.

i guess i must've hit a fat speed bump/dip or something coulda just hit it hard enough to break it off. so the clunk i was hearing was the sound of the loose fsb banging on the LCA since they were seprerated.

steel fsb > oem lca

yes, the fsb is connected to the lca via metal-tab bolt hole.. soft shocks and suspension will result in longer suspension travel.. longer suspension travel means you have more distance to pry off that tab or bend/break off the pivoting point of the sway bar.

shorter suspension travel + stiffer sway bars = ideal setup with less things breaking.

Keefe

yes, the fsb is connected to the lca via metal-tab bolt hole.. soft shocks and suspension will result in longer suspension travel.. longer suspension travel means you have more distance to pry off that tab or bend/break off the pivoting point of the sway bar.

shorter suspension travel + stiffer sway bars = ideal setup with less things breaking.

so i should get some springs? damn the cash i spent on this mishap coulda got me some STi pinks lol

Archived