LegacyGT.com

24 hr Beater Race

urfsin

Ok, I just got my new issue of Car and Driver and there is a 24 hour Beater race here in Cali. You have to have a car that was bought for less than $500. I think some of the So Cal subi boys should get together and do this next year. I know we could scratch enough coin toghther and buy some old beater subi and race the hell out of it. It would be a blast, literally. :lol: :lol:

Who would be in for something like this?

Edit: Link to 24 hour web site.

http://www.24hoursoflemons.com/

:icon_twis Slide It Sideways :icon_twis

• Replies 501
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I saw another account of the "race" in another mag, I think Grassroots Motorsports. It was even funnier than the story in Car and Driver :lol: I was thinking my old Merkur XR4Ti would be fun for the race, but I don't think I could bring myself to bash it up like that :(

Yea, there are some rules but we would have to look into it. I would say pick up the Feb 2007 issue of C&D to check it out. I belive that we could get away with some mod's, but not too much.

As for multiple people driving, it would be required since it is an "endurance" race. People would need to take shifts. I think it would be cool to represent the subie community.

Hell, we could even challange the fools over on NASIOC to see if they could get an entry as well. I think we would spank them.

:icon_twis Slide It Sideways :icon_twis

Let's do eeeeet! Hook up a car Reza. Any "safety" equipment doesn't count in the price. Brakes, wheels/tire, roll cage and such are not part of the price limitations, sponsored or not. Performance mods really aren't needed, as it's more of a war of attrition than speed. As long as you are running at the end you have a pretty decent chance at winning. I'm in to crew/wrench and drive. Who else? I'm dead serious.

i'm in to drive/wrench if needed, but since i have no car tuning experience outside of exhaust/suspension install..... i would be more of a apprentice.

actually....... i don't have major driving experiece either besides everyday shit so..... i'm a noob.... :(

Oh Snap!! 1989 MBenzO 300TE wagon, load it up with 7 of us...with two in the rear jump seats just flipping everyone off!!

hhaha!!

hahahahaha nice......... hey that can be an idea, but i thought we were gonna try to keep it subie?

maybe an old outback wagon or forester?

http://24hoursoflemons.com/id2.html

damnit found the site that runs this........

this might be more expensive than we thought.

Entry: $500 per car + $100 per driver + $75 for non-drivers. (Each team must have 4-6 drivers.

2.2: Driver Eligibility: All drivers must have a valid US or International driver's license and a valid competition license. Acceptable competition licenses include SCCA, NASA, NASCAR, FIA, CSRG, HMSA, HSR, ACCUS, and SVRA. NASCAR licenses purchased from Altamont Motorsports Park ($90 each) on arrival are acceptable

so pretty much anyone without a race license is boned.......

Archived