LegacyGT.com

Gas shortage

octain11

I am driving around, and every single gas station is out, i have about 1/3 left of gas, anyone in the area spotted a station that is operating in Bergen County? we can use this thread to help out each other in finding operating stations in our area...

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have a friend who is a cop up on 17 and he mentioned lines were crazy in places that did have power. People have been lining up before they are even open.

As mentioned many of the refineries in Jersey don't have power to provide the gas station. Also most locations don't have power to actually provide the gas. This issue may last into next week until various locations get power.

You'd think that the gas stations would be set up with generators, since gas is kind of a critical supply (even if they are only refueling emergency vehicles).

A few years ago we had a big snowstorm which took out the power for 5 days, on the night it went off I drove into the Pass and the only place with lights on was the liquor store - doing a roaring trade...

Wife went to Allentown Pa to visit some friends and fill up the van and some gas cans for us and the neighbors. Still running the generator and need to hook it into the furnace.

-- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities

I went out at 5:30 am this morning in Flemington and waited 30 mins for gas. Was happy I got it. South and west is where to go.

Hey, do you live in the area? I'm about 5 miles up Rt 31 from the circle.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2

Archived