LegacyGT.com

98 L Wagon White Whale build

What does Delta actually do to the cams and how much power or torque does it make? Thanks.

When I talked to them they have a few different grinds. Anywhere from 15-30hp/tq I believe. I did research months ago can't remember where but people said they do great

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know they are a good name. I just didn't know what they actually do. So do they weld build and regrind, or do they grind the base curve lower and let the lash adjuster take up the difference so it lifts farther?

30+ would be pretty nice to have. I have a spare engine in the other room. Hmm....

Forgot to ask deltacam what they do. Cams should be with me next week.

bIa4QLV.jpg?1

eP12t8V.jpg

Much better tinted.

Hate the damn decals on the hatch. They will be gone when I paint the car in the summer.

• 2 months later...

Finally got around to working on the car. Replaced all brakes with hawk HPS pads and installed the other 3 stainless brake lines. had to replace drivers rear caliper as it was frozen, wasn't actually doing anything lol. Same as the passenger rear one when I got the car.

Also took the snows off and put my BRZ wheels that I got for a steal on.

hg90VUp.jpg

Still need to re-assemble my STI struts and RCE yellows to throw into the car. Also need to swap the engine/trans. Lots of stuff to do. A "summer project"...

• 1 month later...
Damn that sucks, at least it didn't bend up the metal body panels

Yeah not fun. The bumper "protector" has a lip that goes under the liftgate. It peeled off a bunch of paint in doing so. They quoted for repainting the bottom of the liftgate/tailgate/hatch/whatever, so total is around $1600 :eek:

It'd be cheaper to buy a compressor, a cheap paint gun and a new bumper and just do it yourself. The car is faded white, you'll never match it even with the right equipment so either pay a lot and have it not match or pay a little and have it not match. Or find a white bumper in the junkyard :p

It'd be cheaper to buy a compressor, a cheap paint gun and a new bumper and just do it yourself. The car is faded white, you'll never match it even with the right equipment so either pay a lot and have it not match or pay a little and have it not match. Or find a white bumper in the junkyard :p

I have a compressor and a painter friend who did it professionally. Just no time to setup a paint booth and such.

I am debating on just prepping the whole car myself for paint and just pay for it to be painted. I need to fix the rust spots that are now starting to form. The front bumper is fresh painted and isn't too bad looking ;) lol.

Just not something I wanted to do

Yeah I know the feeling and I'm sort of in the same boat. I'm going to get mine resprayed at some point, there's just too much mismatched white and I have to replace metal for the rust repair. I was thinking of going with the 2010-2014 Impreza pearl white.

• 2 months later...
Mine is two shades of silver because much of the clear has flaked off the hood. Even where the clear is fine, yours looks a good deal newer than mine.

yeah I had someone at costco ask what year it was because it looked brand new. lol, guess he missed the rust spot on the drivers quarter :lol:

I'm pretty lucky on the rust so far.

And Re: thread title, I just finished reading Moby Dick.

I was lucky till about a year ago. driver's quarter has a... quarter... sized rust spot. passenger is clean. My friend is going to go over both and fix them up real good. The "white" from my rear bumper will probably spread to the quarters now :lol:

Nice. Classic ;)

• 1 month later...

Got some fun new front seats...

F5qLyiS.jpg

Loaded it up to get it ready to change literally everything.

Y5dMbQu.jpg

Dropped everything off, went to drive back home and... rip

XKICTlR.png

Just shut off, no noise. CEL came on for a second before it stalled, thinking Crank sensor but didn't bother to investigate. Pump primes. It knew it was time...

Had to drop off the last piece of the puzzle:

LGwItmG.png

VTzmN9u.jpg

Tearing it down to replace every seal.

Q8g2YFm.png

Compression test 145-150-150-150

Teardown begins

92GsEuu.png

rDs1UPE.png

Thanks Mr. UPS man!

owmbPG0.png

n1HsVaz.png

(yes, im replacing the filter)

Since I am going 4 pots in the future, I wanted to stick with 16" wheels for better everything in the winter. So I got some cheap XT wheels and got some new skins on them.

gMqRNAo.png

SSMPNu4.png

The blizzaks I had on my steelies are now on my stock ford focus wheels for my focus.

Pile of parts in the corner, still waiting for some parts to come in. Going to be fun

• 4 weeks later...

Slow and steady...

Some fun with panorama shots

OfaIkAF.jpg

7SJ8lLf.jpg

DJwOedW.jpg

plop

edeblK5.jpg

Like playing a crane game

GG7Lleo.jpg

move to the other side of the shop

RDbw0z7.jpg

prepping bay for paints

g7AV2u7.jpg

VB2RITh.jpg

1LTp7Eb.jpg

thought this was funny

kG4a09N.png

sohWhy9.png

rad support straightened out. might re attach bumper support this time.

E7yEfeD.jpg

debating on doing ARP studs and head gaskets.

Currently cleaning up the block

Also took some old parts off. exhaust going to someone local. MSD coil/intake tube going to a 2nd gen facebook friend. stock TD04 going back to turbo guy i bought the vf48 for and TGVs going to the guy I bought deletes from ;)

DH7Exjx.jpg

• 1 month later...

Lots of stuff been happening...

Took apart the engine to do ARP studs and head gaskets and found scoring on the cylinder walls. Going to do AVCS EJ205 (but don't enable AVCS so i can use USDM ECU, etc.) longblock.

lWynmfT.jpg

TZipwkc.jpg

u2Aeqsp.jpg

LttY0Da.jpg

xF8gLR3.jpg

1x8gDZO.jpg

Fitted PS and EBCS

7RmNLyA.jpg

uUsGpsq.jpg

Prhk8he.jpg

9i37VlW.jpg

didn't need this but I did it anyway.

IdySXKB.jpg

picked up some STI front lower arms and a WRX whiteline front swaybar.

Dtwx5xx.jpg

Found a possible new set of summer wheels

Se6IoMh.jpg

The fun begins!

EIw4C1x.jpg

went a little ham on the exhaust coating and powder coating. Smacking myself for not trying to find a good ELH to run.

rPT0wcZ.jpg

nLKrVwK.jpg

DP bung for a/f sensor

L53QjWK.jpg

Bay nice and fresh

6ZMybbm.jpg

Found a scoop extender, rfrb grille (not pictured)... and the one and only...

SZbNFf7.jpg

ZERO SPORTS RAD SHROUD

La1JXwY.jpg