LegacyGT.com

Converting single HVAC to dual HVAC...

tangcla

If I'm looking at getting the AV panel from Japan, I have the option of ordering the facia with single- and dual-zone climate control panels.

Being a pre-facelift (04-06, or 05-07 in your years since you guys are so behind :lol: ) it's a single-zone from the factory.

Does changing it to the dual-zone panel mean that I can then get dual-zone climate control?

If I'm looking at getting the AV panel from Japan, I have the option of ordering the facia with single- and dual-zone climate control panels.

Being a pre-facelift (04-06, or 05-07 in your years since you guys are so behind :lol: ) it's a single-zone from the factory.

Does changing it to the dual-zone panel mean that I can then get dual-zone climate control?

From everything I've read over the years when people were trying to swap from dual zone to single zone, it can't be done. The control module's are different (not located in the HU fascia itself), and even part of things are run by the ECU, which is all tied in together so you can just swap out modules either.

This is all from memory from 3-4 years ago, and certainly not for the Australian market, so this info may not even apply to you.

Trust me, the dual zone is more of a pain in the ass than it's worth (of course I'm not married though). :lol:

Archived