LegacyGT.com

What are the requirements to post a car for sale in the Marketplace?

I've searched, but I can't seem to find the answer.

I understand that having only users with post history will lead to a more healthy marketplace. I wouldn't want outsiders and scammers being able to flood the forum marketplace with bad posts either.

I'm stuck in a bad spot though. I've never really been one to post in the forums because I never felt like I had anything to contribute, and I know that's what's stopping me here. But I'm desperate to get rid of my 1999 5 speed GT wagon, and I've run out of options.

Craigslist people have been uniformed and looking for a daily driver to save their lives, but my car is not that. It really needs an enthusiast buyer who understands the listing description and what they're looking at.

Even if it doesn't work here, do you guys know of any other options?

You're going to get the window shoppers no matter where you list it unfortunately. Facebook marketplace has kind of taken the place of CL since CL charges to list cars now. I don't think there are any rules to list on this site except to attach the pictures via the site host instead of using an external picture host.

It wasn't window shoppers really. It's trying to sell the car to some one ethically I guess. Because the car was being listed at a low price, it attracted people looking for an inexpensive car to get them to work, not someone looking for this specific car, or a Subaru for that matter. It needs a clutch, and I don't even think some of the people knew what that meant.

The cars stuffed full of JDM and USDM STI and WRX parts, so it's been tough trying to get this listing to the target market. I've heard that Facebook Marketplace is a good spot for classifieds now, but I'm not a Facebook user.

As for LegacyGT Marketplace, the listing guidelines are perfectly clear.

To be eligible to post, I believe there's an account age requirement, and a 'number of posts' requirement. It's not exactly spelled out in detail, and eligibility is mentioned, but not defined.

Edited by mcduffmcduff