LegacyGT.com

Brake master cylinder brace?

• 7 months later...
  • Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ya know this is a bling part? the end of the MC moves 1/8 inch. Open the hood, put a tape measure on the end and have a friend step on the brake pedal.

Then find your local back road, run up to 80mph, slam on the brakes until you activate ABS.

Then ask yourself is a better $ value: better brake pads and a fluid flush or "the brace" ?

/rant

ya know this is a bling part? the end of the MC moves 1/8 inch. Open the hood, put a tape measure on the end and have a friend step on the brake pedal.

Then find your local back road, run up to 80mph, slam on the brakes until you activate ABS.

Then ask yourself is a better $ value: better brake pads and a fluid flush or "the brace" ?

/rant

Says the guy that owns something like 5 Legacys, none of which run or can be driven. :spin: Maybe your efforts should be put toward making one actually drive rather than giving other guys a hard time for what they want to spend their money on while driving and enjoying their cars.

Says the guy that owns something like 5 Legacys, none of which run or can be driven. :spin: Maybe your efforts should be put toward making one actually drive rather than giving other guys a hard time for what they want to spend their money on while driving and enjoying their cars.

true :)

I couldn't find the post from the person overly concerned about the strength of the bolt.

/mrtris

I have always suffered from a lack of bling. But things are gonna change! After I install the MCB I’m going to fully upgrade the LGT. 28 inch rims, hydraulics, neon underneath, extra glue-on hood and fender vents, the works. You know what they say - the master cylinder brace is the gateway mod...

I have always suffered from a lack of bling. But things are gonna change! After I install the MCB I’m going to fully upgrade the LGT. 28 inch rims, hydraulics, neon underneath, extra glue-on hood and fender vents, the works. You know what they say - the master cylinder brace is the gateway mod...

lol. so true.

• 1 year later...

Did the MCB bolt right up? Or was there any modification required?

Did the MCB bolt right up? Or was there any modification required?

Look at posts #211 & #216 for some reference info and pictures. Each manufacturers brace is slightly different requiring small modifications as best as I can remember.

I have a RikGT one - three of the bolts use bolts that are already there, for one there is a hole already there, you need to run the bolt through it though, and then there are two where there are holes in the bracket, but no holes in the wheel well, so you'd have to drill if you wanted to use them. I didn't bother with them. I marked up one of the pictures already in this thread to show where the bolts are.

Capture.thumb.JPG.ba5655eadbc4f35d2f71d9fcbec68565.JPG

Thats a nicely fitted design and bolted down really well.

My go-to fab shop went simpler but with thicker steel.

Mounting area. There were a few free holes here and some stuff we removed and mounted over or relocated. Thats my aftermarket boost gauge MAP sensor there and we relocated it for the brace.

XDQtQpG.jpg

Mocking up the base plate:

XEyvzbF.jpg

Assembled and painted:

3hnlacC.jpg

CQ1gMcS.jpg

On the car:

85xfT9Z.jpg