LegacyGT.com

All Things Navigation *Map Updates Included*

proflashrtist

So I got a Nav unit from a friend and installed it in my Legacy 2.5i.

Using the images for v8 and v12 of the maps I created DVDs with ImgBurn and DVD+R DL discs. But I am still getting the No DVD Please insert map DVD message on the screen.

Any ideas or clues? Thanks in advance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Replies 270
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Just wondering if anyone has a working copy of the DVD they’d be willing to send me? I’ve tried burning multiple DVDs and still nothing. I’d be willing to pay for it and the shipping. The only thought I have in my mind is I wonder if the problem isn’t the DVD I made but a problem with the DVD drive the nav unit uses. But no real way to know for sure.

Please pm me if you’re able to help. Thanks.

@LegacyUpNorth, were you able to get a successful burn with Johnish's process?

Sorry about not getting back to this thread, I have been unreasonably busy with work lately. All PMs replied to. I haven't been able to test the ImgBurn procedures documented earlier in this thread yet, but I did test using Brasero on Ubunutu to write the ISO to disc. I selected 2x instead of maximum for the write speed. The disc is a Memorex DVD+R DL rewriteable because it was the only thing I could find in my old stacks of optical media.

I have a USB optical drive now and will report back this evening on the ImgBurn process. The Brasero process is documented here: https://linuxconfig.org/ubuntu-20-04-burn-iso-to-dvd

Update, I ended up just using a virtual machine to test the burning process with ImgBurn. I used version 2.5.8.0 to write the image and then took it down to my car to make sure it loaded. I used the same type of DVD+R DL disc and 2x write speed as in the previous post. Attached is a screenshot of the output from the burn. The error at the end is just because I didn't load the disc back in for the verification pass. Also, here's a video of that disc being used in my vehicle:

586664470_Screenshotfrom2020-07-3111-37-48.thumb.png.cbf458ba53fee31544abd016b021d5c9.png

if the image is just an .iso would Rufus not function the same without the error? I had issues with ImgBurn in the past and have moved to Rufus for iso that write bootable information on to mediums

Edit:

Ignore this, forgot this is a DVD burn, Rufus is more for USB

Edited by Dre617
I am dumb sometimes :D

Yeah, Rufus, balena etcher, dd, etc. are more for writing IMG/ISO to bootable removable media. Brasero and ImgBurn work well for writing to optical media. Just select a low burn speed so you get a good write. The lower the better, but it does take more time.

Well, I’m stumped

I’ve tried a few DVDs that I burned and a set from a member on here. And nothing. It still sits at the “Please insert DVD” prompt. I tried resetting the unit and still got the same result. Not sure what’s wrong but at this point I’m going to guess I got a bum unit :(

I have been using these images for my 2007 Spec.B without issue. I'd have to pull my nav unit to give you any details on the model/version of it. The v.12 disc images I have are listed by Kenwood as being compatible with the following:

Tribeca- 2006-2014

Legacy- 2006-2009

Outback- 2006-2009

• 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 1 year later...

What is the latest version that anyone has for dvd? Version 11 or 12? On the understand that even 14 will work if it can be formatted correctly for The Late Model Gen 5 Legacy and Beyond

Will donate.

Kev

The Kenwood site is still only showing v.12 as the latest offering for the following vehicles:

Tribeca- 2006-2014

Legacy- 2006-2009

Outback- 2006-2009

And v.10 for the following vehicles:

Outback-2010-12

Legacy-2010-12

Impreza/WRX/STI 2008-2011

Forester-2009-2011

Not seeing anything on a v.14 for the Kenwood nav unit.