LegacyGT.com

Just because Subaru is percieved as gay friendly does not mean they will buy!

ABPillinois

I hope that link helped you in your sexual identity conflicts regarding owning a Subaru.

"Reminds me of a SNL Weekend Update a few years ago:

"After sharing an onstage kiss, Britney and Madonna went on to perform another act of lesbian intimacy by replacing the transmission on a 1986 Isuzu Pickup"

:lol::p

"Belief does not make truth. Evidence makes truth. And belief does not make evidence."

^:)

I like this statement though.

Toyota held the top spot for both. So what does this tell us? Probably that lesbians and gay men are, sadly, just like most hetero car buyers these days — looking for an appliance rather than a real driving experience.:cool:

:rolleyes:"All right, brain, I don't like you and you don't like me - so let's just do this and I'll get back to killing you with beer." :spin:

Awesome! One of my friends said she would not buy a Forester since it's a dyke car. :lol:

LOL.

My dad drives a "dyke car." If it's good enough for a retired F4 driving mig killer it's good enough for your friend.

"After sharing an onstage kiss, Britney and Madonna went on to perform another act of lesbian intimacy by replacing the transmission on a 1986 Isuzu Pickup"

:lol::p

^For some reason I find this an exciting mental visual...In fact I might consider paying two ladies to install my next mod or something. Mmmm, FMIC!

((**goes off figure out what that service might be listed at in the yellow pages**))

Question is... how many customers were turned off and specifically did not buy Subaru due to the Subaru's gay/lesbian's car stereotype? As silly it might be, I'd imagine the number might be not insignificant. Some people are hung up about "image" (like wagons are lame, etc nonsense), so I imagine the gay/lesbian image may work here as well.

Bottom line is... SOA's marketing department should have been fired. Long overdue.

Question is... how many customers were turned off and specifically did not buy Subaru due to the Subaru's gay/lesbian's car stereotype? As silly it might be, I'd imagine the number might be not insignificant. Some people are hung up about "image" (like wagons are lame, etc nonsense), so I imagine the gay/lesbian image may work here as well.

Bottom line is... SOA's marketing department should have been fired. Long overdue.

I've known women to pass up Foresters because of the lesbian stigma. What's funny is that the previous generation was almost 50/50 male/female. And the new one has a majority of male buyers.

However, VW has a gay stigma, especially with the Jetta. That doesn't seem to stop metrosexuals, and Apple shoppers from buying them.

Good luck getting on getting SOA's marketing team fired. Subaru won automotive marketer of the year last year as well as individual ad awards.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

When my Dad bought his first Porsche(57 Speedster), he got back channel flack from none other than Curtis Lemay :lol:

"Belief does not make truth. Evidence makes truth. And belief does not make evidence."

I wonder if it is the athletic connection. I would say a good majority of people I personally know who have an active outdoorsy lifestyle drive Subarus

Lots of sporty chicks happen to be lesbians...

<snip>Gay men put their highest priority on Styling and then consider Price, Fuel Economy, Body Style and the Availability of the Latest Technology.<snip>

I think I see the problem.......

-- Steve

Honestly, I'm not sure Subau's GLBT marketing has been any more focused than any other major company in the last few years (though i don't read GLBT media, so I don't know). Many companies have been targeting those audiences because, quite frankly, they have a shit-ton of money.

Subaru's "gay-friendly" reputation has to do with that they were one of the first car companies to give domestic partner benefits, have anti-discrimination rules and so on. This led Subaru to be extremely popular back in the late 90s/early 2000s with these groups.

This has changed and now even GM is actually offically more "gay-friendly" than subaru. The gay community feels free to buy whatever they want (with some exceptions like Hyundai that don't give the benefits of Subaru and the like).

LOL.

My dad drives a "dyke car." If it's good enough for a retired F4 driving mig killer it's good enough for your friend.

She would not listen, even after I told her that she would be soooo much hotter if she started making out with the cute waitress, it was still a no go.

• 3 weeks later...

Odd, I am gay and I bought my outback because it was pretty, and I always loved legacy wagons. The only gay attachment I though subaru had was the foresters and their owners came from the greek isle of lesbos.

Other then that I didnt even know subaru sponsored glbt events until my salesman pointed it out, and a buddy of mine who works for Subaru NA

I bought it because I know they last for ever and dont break and have a good aftermarket, I could give a shit if it had a fiber optic radio like my last car or if it was safe, every car made today is "safe"

Oh and PS I hate toyota and everything about them, they are appliances that you drive when you are ready to die.

Yeah I wish they still made legacy wagons! They are sexy time, who needs men when you have a subaru wagon LOL

Thumbs up!:lol:

It's not a Subaru, It's a Lesbaru;)

Does this connection also explain why all the OE stereo's were built as if all you'll listen to is NPR or some alt folk music at really low volume?

It doesn't work well playing Metallica either!:lol:

I didn't know about any of the gay stereotypes until after I bought my car a few people brought it up and asked if I bought the wagon

Theyw anted to see if you were cool

You aren't

It isn't a "gay" thing it is an "awesome" thing

Archived